Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration crackdown continues in Butler County

http://www.journal-news.com/hp/content/ ... ICE_w.html
    Immigration crackdown continues in Butler County
    Fairfield 23-year-old sentenced to 8 months; Chinese restaurant owner accused in labor network.
    By Ken-Yon Hardy and Amy Saunders

Staff Writers

FAIRFIELD — A Fairfield woman is now in jail and a Chinese restaurant owner was taken into custody Monday as federal and local officials continue to crack down on illegal immigration issues in Butler County.

Beatriz Martinez-Ochoa, a 23-year-old illegal immigrant from Guatemala, was sentenced Monday to 8 months in the Butler County Jail for producing fraudulent identification papers used by illegal immigrants. And on the heels of the arrest of Bee’s Buffet owner Jing Fei Jiang Monday, court documents released Tuesday accuse Jiang of being part of a cross-country network providing illegal immigrant labor.

In three affidavits, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials revealed they had been keeping an eye on the restaurant and Jiang since October.

ICE agents raided Jiang’s home and his restaurant at 725 Niles Road Monday, detaining 10 people. Of those, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Ohio said, Jiang and four others are here illegally. The others’ status has yet to be established. No charges have been filed.

ICE agents said they believed Bee’s Buffet was involved in a network used by at least one other area Chinese restaurant to bring illegal workers to Ohio from New York.

According to the affidavits, ICE officials learned illegal immigrants sent to Ohio were being dropped off at a McDonald’s restaurant parking lot on the 1200 block of Omniplex Drive in Cincinnati, where they were picked up and transported to work.

On Oct. 13, at about 10:20 a.m., ICE officials said surveillance showed an Asian man was dropped off at the McDonald’s parking lot and was picked up by a second Asian man. They were followed to a residence on the 5000 block of David Place in Fairfield owned by Jiang.

On Oct. 26, ICE began conducting surveillance at Bee’s Buffet, according to the affidavits.

ICE officials said surveillance throughout October consistently showed Asian and Hispanic men transported from the 5000 block of David Place to Bee’s Buffet.

Also on Monday, Martinez-Ochoa was sentenced by Butler County Court of Common Pleas Judge Patricia Oney after pleading guilty in March to tampering with records, a fourth-degree felony, and forgery, a fifth-degree felony.

During a search of Martinez-Ochoa’s home in December, local and federal officials found two fraudulent social security cards, one of which Martinez-Ochoa was using to maintain employment illegally.

Martinez-Ochoa is awaiting deportation proceedings.

Sponsored Links
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah, isn't it great. I love living here. You would love the billboards that are up on 75. Warning employers of Illegals. I have also heard, that more Sherrifs up here are ready to get on board.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Very sweet. I think I should start sending all these news clippings of people getting busted to all the PRO-ILLEGALS groups and charities. I would not mind seeing this attrition thing start right MOD EDIT now! Fear is not a bad incentive. If I had broken into a persons home, I think I should be afraid while cooking a meal on his stove. Input needed.

This tragedy of a Bill does not even need to go to committee. This is all we have do over and over again times fifty on a daily basis to get things turned around.

Wow it's working and they have not even passed all the NEW LAWS they need to enforce the laws they said we did not have to solve the problem. Imagine that!

I have your back but, I think we are outnumbered.

Trouble

Who is in control?

I have been entertaining the idea of sending articles like this especially when fraudulent use of documentation is used to that fraud Juan Hernandez, the Mexican government and to the Senate as well.