Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration fueling huge population jump, study warns

Immigration fueling huge population jump, study warns

By Jerry Kammer
    COPLEY NEWS SERVICE
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nati ... immig.html
    3:25 p.m. August 30, 2007

WASHINGTON – If flows of legal and illegal immigration continue at current rates, they will boost the population of the United States by 105 million by 2060, according to a study released here Thursday.

That growth, coupled with births among current residents, would boost the nation's population to 468 million from its current level of 301 million, reported the Center for Immigration Studies, a think tank that advocates lower levels of immigration.

“The central question these projections raise is – what costs and benefits come with having a much larger population and a more densely settled country,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We can keep bringing in immigrants yearly,it would be best if we limited how many.
    I have a feeling that Wattenburg and Jakoby in this article are all for open borders and not concerned about the effect on natural resources.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

I am watching this NPC meeting now on cspan2. At the moment Roy Beck is putting forth a viable and powerful argument against illegal immigration numbers as well as pointing out the problem of too much LEGAL immigration.

This huge influx of lower earning people will also start affecting numerous social statistics and--heaven help us--political policy and social policy.

For example I am starting to read articles in the news such as "Number of Families Living in Poverty Increasing". Well,,Duh!! Where do you supppose they are coming from? or "Transportation System Inadequate for Area's Growing Population" Duh!!-again! And why is the area growing so fast, anyway? Could it be that the increasing number of impoverished families is also causing population growth? Someday maybe these writers will be able to add two and two!!

I could go on and on. Impressionable young people can read these headlines and say "Yes. Our society is in a mess. We need to fund some new social programs to deal with these problems. We need articulate spokespersons (lawyers) to combat lethargy and antiquated ways of thinking so we can have progress." Then "We need some new tax programs to help along the solutions to our pressing social issues."

I am not a conservative. I don't want to see corporate welfare and high rolling embezzlers. But I don't want to see liberals just absent mindedly giving our hard earned nation away either.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CaptainRon, in my area they are making a big fuss because of BRAC -base realignment and closing-coming to my area, they are complaining our roads can't take the addition of 22,000 military families cars on our roads.The stories are weekly in the local papers and every story definitely lets you know they don't want the military personnel here.Why is beyond me,I've had a few in my neighborhood they were the best neighbors.
    Myself I think if we just got rid of the illegals here(and everywhere) we could make room for the military personnel here but,I know thats just crazy of me.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!