Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Plan Would Put Agents In Jails

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/9315842/detail.html

SAN DIEGO -- A new plan proposes putting immigration agents in jails and making the Sheriff's Department pay for it, NBC 7/39 reported.

Immigration officials say hundreds of inmates are released from jail each month that should have been deported. To help circumvent the loophole, a full-time Immigration and Customs agent would assess the legal status of an immigrant and determine whether the immigrant could be deported because of a crime.

Currently, inmates are asked questions about their citizenship and their names are only passed to agents if there are concerns.

"I think it's a matter of expertise, a matter of what their expertise is and what our expertise are," said Alan Sckoglund, of the San Diego Sheriff Department. "That's their area of responsibility. It's important that they enforce federal law and the San Diego Sheriff's Department doesn't do that."

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials say they hope the Sheriff's Department will eventually train their own staff to check for immigration violations, possibly under a new program laid out by President George W. Bush. The Sheriff's Department says taking over the job of immigration enforcement could compromise other law enforcement duties, however.

The Sheriff's Department says it houses about 250 illegal immigrants a day at a cost of about $8.5 million a year.

Video: Immigration Plan Would Put Agents In Jails
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Currently, inmates are asked questions about their citizenship and their names are only passed to agents if there are concerns.
    That's a lie! They don't assess citizenship according to the Sheriffs at the detention facilities! And even if it were true- where is it written that selective prosecution is EQUAL JUSTICE for ALL especially VICTIMS?
    What's their threshold huh?
    I and my family were hit by a DRUNKEN Illegal trying to evade the cops - ran a red light - had no license- AND had outstanding warrants . The guy got PROBATION- and skipped town. I wan't even informed of his trial- I've yet to see a dime in compensation.
    Our Justice system is becoming more and more like the Ukraine's everyday (which translates into NO Justice!)!

Sheriff Bill Kolender has already said he won't train his Sheriffs with ICE. His BS excuse is that he is short Sheriffs- even though the program is funded by the Feds. He's on board with San Diego Mayor Sanders who is part of the OPEN BORDERS crowd! Those two had better straighten up and start ENFORCING the LAWS.