Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Indiana group rallies against lawsuit challenging Obama’s immigration program

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Indiana group rallies against lawsuit challenging Obama’s immigration program

Posted 9:25 PM, March 14, 2015, by Matt Smith

A group of faith leaders and immigrant families rallied Saturday, calling on Gov. Mike Pence to withdraw from a lawsuit challenging President Obama’s immigration program.

The vigil at St. Anthony Catholic Church was first meant to be a workshop to help illegal immigrants living in Indiana eventually apply for protection from deportation.

“I moved to the United States because I’m looking for a better future for my family,” Julio Reyes said, who said he is living in Indiana illegally.

Indiana and 25 other states are suing the Obama administration over the president’s executive order that would unilaterally protect millions of illegal immigrants, including undocumented parents of U.S. citizens.

“I’m really mad about that because I really want my parents to be able to have what I have,” Angeles Reyes said.

A number of Hoosier children shared that concern at the event Saturday.

“I now worry about my mother,” Cinthya Perez said. “When I go to work and throughout the day I think about is an ICE agent going to come to her door knocking?”

In February a federal judge suspended the program while the lawsuit is being decided.

In December Pence explained why he directed Indiana to join the lawsuit.

“To have a president of the United States unilaterally act is not consistent with our laws, our tradition, our constitutional framework,” Pence said. “And I thought it was important for the state of Indiana to stand with other states around the country on that principle.”

Organizers of Saturday’s event want to keep the momentum of their message strong.

“The biggest concern is having to live in the shadows,” Tim Winn said with Catholic Charities. “And I would say the biggest goal is to come out of the shadows and not have the fear of deportation.”

On Thursday the Justice Department filed an emergency motion asking the court to lift the ban currently in place. The president’s executive order could affect as many as five million illegal immigrants.

http://fox59.com/2015/03/14/indiana-...ation-program/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm sure that's how all criminals feel. They all wish the President would just wave his magic wand and set them free from the fear of being caught. All criminals feel this way, but most criminals know better than that.

These people aren't right in the head. They're really not. They all have to go. We can't have people who think like this in the United States. We can't. Get them out of here.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

“I moved to the United States because I’m looking for a better future for my family,” Julio Reyes said, who said he is living in Indiana illegally.
    Boom! Right then and there Julio Reyes should be arrested and deported. It just shows how none of our laws are being enforced that this guy can flaunt our laws in a newspaper article without any worries.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Yep, and I want to rob a bank because I'm looking for a better future for my family too! Hmm, maybe I'll just sell crack on the street corner instead. Nope, I won't do that because I respect the law, have a working moral compass, and know there would be negative consequences for such an act.

That's the thing, these illegals aren't afraid because they know there is very little chance they will suffer any real consequences for their illegal act.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Yep, and I want to rob a bank because I'm looking for a better future for my family too! Hmm, maybe I'll just sell crack on the street corner instead. Nope, I won't do that because I respect the law, have a working moral compass, and know there would be negative consequences for such an act.

That's the thing, these illegals aren't afraid because they know there is very little chance they will suffer any real consequences for their illegal act.
    Because they know the cartels they work for have covered their bases by buying up enough federal and state politicians and local cops that they know as illegal aliens they are now a protected class of drug runners in the United States.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy