Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Irish Alien's Views on America's Illegal Aliens

http://www.michnews.com/artman/publish/ ... 8827.shtml

Guest Commentary

Irish Alien's Views on America's Illegal Aliens
    By Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D.
    MichNews.com
    Jul 22, 2005

In a departure from my normal, highly researched and referenced articles, below you will find a 'point-counterpoint' correspondence, with a reader who wrote me, about my latest article titled: Hospitals 'Mugged' by Illegal Aliens, which was published by MichNews.com on July 12, 2005.

The following is from the reader, who's name is withheld for privacy reasons. It is presented in its unedited form, which was done to provide integrity and not to expose some of the misspellings you will find:

Dear Sir,

As an Irish Citzen I was very dissappointed after a democratic Referendum that 80% of the popluation agreed with the goverment to deny Citzenship because of Birthright [in Ireland].

I personnally think we where lied to by the government in realtion to the Mugging of Hospitals by Illegals. It's called Propoganda.

I am sure that you will realise that you are an American Citzen only because your ancestors settled their and had children, who where automatically give citzenship as it should be.

Mr. Eamon De Valera was an american citzen through Birthright and it was because of this that Ireland owes its freedom as the British did not Execute him after The Easter 1916 Rising. He went on to become our [Ireland's] Prime Minister and President.

You should not discriminate children because of their Parents.

Yours Sincerely

Name Withheld

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mr. Name Withheld,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read my column. Secondly, I am a woman. Thirdly, MY ancestors came here LEGALLY! THAT, sir, is the BIG DIFFERENCE! And . . . lastly, since all other European countries had already come to a similar conclusion, to deny birthright citizenship, decades before Ireland did . . . that says something about the need to do the same here, and why Ireland was correct in doing so there.

I suggest that you look up the word discrimination in the dictionary: It means, "bias, in the treatment of a person or group, which is unfair, illegal, etc., an act, policy, pattern of behavior, etc., characterized by such partiality." My perspective is that . . . I do not believe it is 'unfair' or 'illegal' to expect the laws of our country to be obeyed and enforced. And the foolish notion that the children are 'innocent' is ridiculous because MY CHILDREN, culture and society are being harmed by their presence.

Lastly, if I understand you correctly, you considered my article 'propaganda.' Propaganda which is defined as "the spreading of information or ideas to further a cause" or in this case . . . the fight against illegal immigration, which is indeed what I do! All of my efforts are made to further that 'cause.'

Hopefully you will refer to the more than SIXTY references at the bottom of the article that are FACTS derived from all corners of our nation. They are the FACTS, not just ideas, upon which I based my propaganda. However, I believe that your 'propaganda' comment was intended to possess all the negative connotations that usually accompany that epitaph and therefore I believe your condemnation, is dead wrong!

Regards,

Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D.

PS: Below I have listed all of my other articles with the hope that, when you have the opportunity, will read them so that you will begin to understand the massive threat to America that is caused by ILLEGAL immigration. Specifically I would like to suggest: Are We a 'Nation of Immigrants' as Claimed by the Pro-Illegal Alien Crowd? and follow that with the last article, listed below:

Blatant Racism by the Pro-illegal Alien Crowd (Part 3) (June 21, 2005)

Anti-illegal Alien Group Denied Civil Rights by the Police (May 19, 2005)

The REAL ID Rallies a Racist Chorus (May 10, 2005)

Blatant Racism by the Pro-illegal Alien Crowd (Part 2) (May 2, 2005)

Are We a 'Nation of Immigrants' as Claimed by the Pro-Illegal Alien Crowd? (April 27, 2005)

Blatant Racism by the Pro-illegal Alien Crowd (Part 1) (April 22, 2005)

'Minuteman' Newsbeat Shuns The Word "Illegal" (April 11, 2005)

Why Not the Whole Loaf? LAPD To Fix Illegal Alien 'Sanctuary' (April 4, 2005)

A "Whiny American" Speaks Out Against Illegal Aliens (March 21, 2005

Dear Daneen

Thank you for your reply. I should have addressed my last email to Dr. Peterson. I did not see who wrote the article.

I believe that all children are innocent when they come into this world.

I don't know when your ancestors arrived in America on either your father's or your mother's side. If they arrived in the 20th century I can imagine that they are most likely legal aliens. Of course your ancestors could be colonists, being Irish I am not a fan of colonists. Perhaps you are a Native American, in which case I can only apologise for the Europeans who caused Native American “CHILDREN, culture and society harm by their presence�.

Their are many Irish Americans who’s parents arrived into your country illegally and retain their Irish Citizenship while their children have American ones. And many others who’s children have gone on to do great things because of their citizenship. Yes America is a great country.

I believe that a country must have laws in place to help both natives and immigrants and that those laws are just for both.

Yours Sincerely

Name Withheld

P.S. You can use a dictionary and statistics to suit all sides to an argument

Dear Name Withheld,

I C U R a good 'Catholic,' however, your sympathy is misguided. The illegal alien issue, is not about 'innocent' children but their parents who cause them grief, by entering our country ILLEGALLY! We are a 'nation of laws,' or we used to be! No one in this country can simply obey or ignore whatever laws they choose (except, apparently illegal aliens). If that were to become commonplace, chaos and anarchy would reign. Birthright children, should NOT HAVE BEEN BORN HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! And, illegal alien children cannot simply be 'forgiven' because the were not in control. They are here illegally and should be deported! Let them become 'great' in their home countries!

If you want to be angry at someone, turn your anger towards their parents for invading our sovereign country illegally, and living here illegally. Americans are angry about that, because they see that the illegals are usurping our hard earned taxpayer dollars, as they plunder and degrade our schools, hospitals, and jails, and who receive a disproportionate amount of 'public benefits,' (of which I have identified at LEAST fifty), while they are here ILLEGALLY, in our country! And, forget the, 'they pay taxes too' . . . it doesn't even come close!

You cannot compare illegal immigration in Ireland or ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD with the overwhelming numbers of illegal aliens that have invaded and overwhelmed our country. So massive are the numbers of illegal aliens (18 - 20 million or more and counting), they WILL, by their sheer numbers, irrevocably alter our culture, language and society. They will divide our nation into, two languages, two cultures, and two societies. The very antithesis of the American melting pot and 'e pluribus unum' (Out of MANY . . . ONE!)

You have come here from Ireland, legally I hope, to pursue the 'American Dream' but the America Dream is dying a slow but inexorable death, and many in this country now understand that! If you think that the horrors of the IRA were terrible, wait till you see what happens, here in America, if the borders remain open to any and all who wish to come.

BTW - have you read what our 'Founding Fathers' said about the issue of birthright citizenship?? If not, please do:

P.A. Madison, MA, The UnConstitutionality of Citizenship by Birth to Non-Americans, February 1, 2005, theamericanresistance.

Definitions and statistics are FACTS, and FACTS . . . CANNOT change to 'fit' the argument. You may choose to use other FACTS, but that does not change the FACTS, used in the argument made by me!

I am a 4th generation Native American. And, for more that 230 years anyone who came here was required to come here LEGALLY. Also, you appear to have confused the Native American terminology with that of 'American Indian.' Please read the following to understand why that is so:

Are We a 'Nation of Immigrants' as Claimed by the Pro-Illegal Alien Crowd? (April 27, 2005)

Lastly, shame on any foreigner who comes to live in America, to take advantage of our largess, and to benefit their children, and yet continues to retain their Irish, or any other national citizenship! Especially, if they are here long enough to have grown children proudly declaring themselves as an American. By not becoming American citizens, and retaining their Irish citizenship, they are prostituting the very essence of America! And . . . as an American . . . I RESENT that, and consider it an OUTRAGEOUS AFFRONT to all that America stands for!

Regards,

Daneen

There has been no response to my last correspondence. Perhaps I have 'offended' Mr. Unnamed. I do hope that he takes the time to 'educate' himself so that he has a better understanding of the enormity of the illegal alien, open borders problem we are facing, here in America. Hopefully he will begin to view the illegal alien problem with a less 'parochial' view and realize that, if America is to remain 'great,' . . . he needs to be aware that HIS position is part of the illegal alien 'problem' and not a viable solution. In any case I will continue to write my 'propaganda' in support of 'the cause' in order to expose to ALL, this unfolding, continuing and seemingly inexorable national tragedy!
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I am a 4th generation Native American. And, for more that 230 years anyone who came here was required to come here LEGALLY.
    I guess she told him!!
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    I am a 4th generation Native American. And, for more that 230 years anyone who came here was required to come here LEGALLY.
    I guess she told him!!
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)