Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Irving activist Carlos Quintanilla arrested

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 76ee4.html When I saw this on the news I laughed til I cried. Then after reading the full story I laughed some more -his record is worse than most of the illegals we want deported. He may have wanted to get arrested to draw support by playing victim. Bless his heart...LOL

Did you notice this on the right hand side?

En español

Arrestan al activista Carlos Quintanilla en Irving
    Explosión en la Interestatal 35
    Pocos negocios se unen a protesta en Irving
    Soldados protestan por ser multados
    Más

IF this were my local paper they wouldn't be collecting my paper fees!!!!

The squeaky door got oiled.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't support this guy, but man they really picked some little stuff to arrest him on. Is there something bigger in the mix the reporter excluded from the list?

Arrested for expired tags, no insurance, and no license or expired license? That is bad, but usually a police officer will issue you a ticket and tell you to come to court to clear it by showing you got everything in order.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Irving police arrest activist Carlos Quintanilla
    05:03 PM CST on Thursday, November 15, 2007
    From Staff Reports

http://www.dallasnews.com

Hispanic activist Carlos Quintanilla was arrested in Irving on an accusation of driving with an invalid license and other charges Thursday, the same day he was organizing an immigration rally.

Irving PD
    Carlos Quintanilla Mr. Quintanilla said Accion America was holding its latest rally to urge police to not take people into custody for minor traffic violations just because they don't have a state-issued identification card or driver's license.

Irving police learned of outstanding warrants against Mr. Quintanilla after he applied for a parade permit and underwent a background check. Police said they had advised Mr. Quintanilla to resolve the warrants before returning to the city. Mr. Quintanilla was taken into custody after conducting a media interview Thursday, Irving police said.

According to Irving police, the outstanding warrants included: criminal trepass from the Dallas County sheriff’s office; expired registration, failure to maintain financial responsibility, and speeding from Farmers Branch police; no seat belt, no driver’s license and city ordinance violation from Dallas police

================================================== ==================

Expendable
    they ask us to post the tex of the stories/articles so the info can be documented here on our Forums

"Police said they had advised Mr. Quintanilla to resolve the warrants before returning to the city. Mr. Quintanilla was taken into custody after conducting a media interview Thursday, Irving police said. "

They told him to take care of the warrants before returning to Irving.Instead he came back to Irving and had a press conference.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I don't support this guy, but man they really picked some little stuff to arrest him on. Is there something bigger in the mix the reporter excluded from the list?

Arrested for expired tags, no insurance, and no license or expired license? That is bad, but usually a police officer will issue you a ticket and tell you to come to court to clear it by showing you got everything in order.

W
    Not around here
    a combo of any two and your in cuffs driving on no license alone is an arrestable No insurace and bad tags is jail with a quickness

Its always been that way go over the river and Beeep a state boy off and you can go for a bald tire or no rear view... and they stick Its A great way to clear the streets of Criminal aliens on wheels and its leagal

If there is an arrest warrant already out for you, I don't think it matters
    what its for. If your run on NCIC or TCIC and your active warrant pops up, usually your headed for the gray bar hotel.

The court that issued the paper is then notified.

He must have defaulted on the ticket(s).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    If there is an arrest warrant already out for you, I don't think it matters
    what its for. If your run on NCIC or TCIC and your active warrant pops up, usually your headed for the gray bar hotel.

The court that issued the paper is then notified.

He must have defaulted on the ticket(s).
    Yep seems so
    add a FTA and its over
    what a leader he turned out to be
    Great roll model

"failure to maintain financial responsibility,"

Child support possibly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast