Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It's not about race; it's about the law

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... -0112.html

Apr. 1, 2006 12:00 AM

What part of "illegal" immigration do you not understand?

As someone who has spent the last several years going through the immigration process with my husband I find it difficult to keep mum on the recent immigration protests.

My husband and I have spent three years and several thousand dollars applying for his green card, which we were finally awarded about a year ago. We dotted every "i" and crossed every "t" to make sure we followed the law so that he could remain here legally.

I find it absolutely infuriating that people who have admittedly broken the law think they have the right to demand citizenship or legal residence. I have compassion for their plights and understand that they don't want to go back to Mexico since the United States offers so many more opportunities.

However, just because they're here now and they have children who were born here who are now by default U.S. citizens doesn't give them the right to demand anything from our government.

Yes, they might do jobs that other Americans might not want to do, but that's not reason enough for them to be granted residency. If other American citizens have to obey the law or face the consequences, why should they be rewarded for crossing the border and working illegally?

Their protest signs may say, "We pay taxes," then show me a state or federal tax return that was filed by an illegal alien with a legal Social Security number.

To make things worse, they are trying to play the race card to divide people on the issue and make it politically incorrect to oppose the issue.

I think most people would have a problem if it were a group of Anglo-Canadians that crossed the border and tried to demand residency.

It's not about race, it's about the law of the land and the safety of our country. -L.J. Fielding, Phoenix
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Heard a sound clip on the car radio last night from sweet lil' Condy Rice responding to criticism she's receiving in Britian.

The gist of the comment is to "make no mistake that America will always be concerned with the rule of law."

(that's my version of what I heard - the "rule of law" is the comment to key on)

I got a big guffaw out of that one! My first thought was how the "rule of law" is disregarded with respect to immigration and also my thoughts went to the liberal judges now making up new laws rather than rightfully interpreting existing laws and applying them!