Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Jim Jordan: Freedom Caucus Won't Support Joint Immigration Package With the Border Wa

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jim Jordan: Freedom Caucus Won't Support Joint Immigration Package With the Border Wa

Jim Jordan: Freedom Caucus won't support joint immigration package with the border wall, DACA

February 12, 2018

Naomi Lim

"I will support a package consistent with what the voters said," Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said.

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, was adamant Sunday he would not accept an immigration bill dealing with both increased border security and a pathway for citizenship for so-called Dreamers, or immigrants who came to the U.S. illegally as children.

"I will support a package consistent with what the voters said," Jordan told "Fox News Sunday." "What they want is border security first. Build a border security wall, end the chain migration, get rid of this crazy visa lottery. Sanctuary city policy, get rid of those. Do those things first and then we will deal with the [Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals] situation."

He added Republicans who backed the immigration proposal being considered by the Senate rather than that of Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., in the House would likely hurt the GOP during the 2018 midterms.

Jordan also defended the Freedom Caucus' relevance after it was unable to prevent the passage of a two-year government funding agreement that is projected to increase spending by $300 billion, blowing out the country's deficit.

"I think we've been the most effective caucus, certainly the most talked about caucus on Capitol Hill the last year and a half and I would argue our chairman, frankly, is probably the member closest to the president, closer than probably any other member in the House or the Senate," Jordan said, referring to Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows, R-N.C.

The conservative caucus, which Jordan helped established, was founded in 2015 in part to advocate for less government spending and overreach.

In addition, Jordan slammed House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., for his role in pushing the accord through the two chambers of Congress.

"If there's concerns with the speaker, I think there are big concerns because he just presided over one of the biggest spending increases in the history of this country at a time when we were elected to do just the opposite," Jordan continued. "The swamp won and the American taxpayer lost."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ji...rticle/2648772
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-12-2018 at 08:21 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hurrah for Rep. Jim Jordan!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just saw an item on our local news about what open borders had done to Sweden. WHoever the n waswho was talkijg about the problem said "we have to know who iscomin into our country. She said so many (MUSLIMS) HAD COME IN IT

I don't know what happened. I must have hit the wrong button. Anyway, I just saw a story on our local news talking about how the open borders had ruined Sweden.
    The woman who was talking said you must know who is coming into your country. There is no way that many people at one time can assimilate into a culture. There has been a huge increase in crimes especially rapes and crimes against women. This is what is happening to our country.

MW
    "I will support a package consistent with what the voters said," Jordan told "Fox News Sunday." "What they want is border security first. Build a border security wall, end the chain migration, get rid of this crazy visa lottery. Sanctuary city policy, get rid of those. Do those things first and then we will deal with the [Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals] situation."
    Other than DACA, which Trump promised to end when he moved into the Oval Office, this plan sounds a lot like one of Trump's other promises. He promised there would be no talk of amnesty until the border was fully secured!

Of course I didn't agree with that now and I don't now. There should never be talk of an amnesty, even if and when the border is secured. Trump's talk of amnesty during his campaign is one of the reasons I never fully trusted him.

Interestingly, Ted Cruz, Trump's primary opponent in the primaries was the only one to vote "nay" yesterday when the Senate voted on taking the immigration debate to the Senate floor.
    Last edited by MW; 02-13-2018 at 02:08 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn