Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JINDAL: HOLD SANCTUARY CITY MAYORS ACCOUNTABLE FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS’ CRIMES

by DR. SUSAN BERRY
    30 Jul 2015

Presidential contender Gov. Bobby Jindal is announcing a proposal that would hold sanctuary city mayors and other officials accountable for the crimes of illegal immigrants.

Dubbed the “Partners in Crime Plan,” Jindal’s proposal recommends that Congress “criminalize sanctuary city policies by making city officials that enact those policies as an accessory to the crimes committed by the illegal aliens those policies enabled.”

Additionally, the plan proposes that Congress “give standing to victims and their families to civilly sue local, state, and federal officials for failing to enforce the Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA)” or failing to criminally charge public officials in sanctuary cities as accessories to the crimes.

The INA makes it a federal felony to harbor, aid or abet an illegal alien, but does not make officials who enable these individuals to stay in the United States liable for crimes the illegal aliens may commit.

“Many have argued that Congress should attempt to defund these cities. Defunding is a good idea, but the Left will simply argue that withholding federal funds will hurt the most disadvantaged citizens,” Jindal reasons.

“My plan will hit these lawless city leaders where it hurts by holding them directly accountable for crimes,” he added. “If on their watch, an illegal immigrant breaks the law, we will count sanctuary city leaders as accessories and force them to pay for these crimes. Sanctuary City leaders are flouting the laws of the United States and that is unacceptable.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...aliens-crimes/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bobby Jindal: Arrest Mayors of Sanctuary Cities as Accessories to Illegal Alien Crime

by Matthew Boyle
    3 Aug 2015
    Washington, DC
    1,080 comments

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a 2016 GOP presidential candidate, is calling on mayors of sanctuary cities to be arrested as accomplices to the crimes illegal aliens receiving special treatment in their cities commit.

“Absolutely, I would hold them as an accomplice,” Jindal said on Boston Herald Radio on Monday morning, as reported by BuzzFeed, Jindal said of mayors of sanctuary cities. “Make them criminally culpable. I’d also make them civilly liable so that families, victims’ families could sue. Especially if the prosecutor isn’t taking action or the mayor’s not changing their ways, I’d allow the families to go to court as well to recover damages.”

In late July, Jindal released a detailed plan—his “Partners In Crime Plan”—to hold officials in sanctuary cities accountable for what they have done.

The plan calls first for Congress to “criminalize” sanctuary cities existing by “making city officials that enact those policies as an accessory to the crimes committed by the illegal aliens those policies enabled.”

Secondly, Jindal’s plan would have Congress give “standing to victims and their families to civilly sue local, state, and federal officials for failing to enforce the Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA) or failing to bring criminal charges of accessory against public officials that enact these policies.”

Jindal said his idea, which goes further than defunding, is necessary because the institutional left will argue defunding hurts disadvantaged people.

“Many have argued that Congress should attempt to defund these cities. Defunding is a good idea, but the Left will simply argue that withholding federal funds will hurt the most disadvantaged citizens,” Jindal said in a statement announcing his plan late last week. “My plan will hit these lawless city leaders where it hurts by holding them directly accountable for crimes. If on their watch, an illegal immigrant breaks the law, we will count sanctuary city leaders as accessories and force them to pay for these crimes. Sanctuary City leaders are flouting the laws of the United States and that is unacceptable.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...l-alien-crime/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bobby Jindal Says Sanctuary City Mayors Should Be Arrested

"Come and get me," one mayor responds.

If it were up to GOP presidential candidate Bobby Jindal, mayors of "sanctuary cities" would all be arrested and sued.

In an interview with Boston Herald Radio on Monday, the Louisiana governor took a firm stance against those cities and counties that refuse to fully cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

"I would hold them as an accomplice, make them criminally culpable. I’d also make them civilly liable so that families -- victims' families -- could sue," Jindal said, alluding to a previously deported

felon who was charged with the murder of Kathryn Steinle

in San Francisco last month. The incident has been a major talking point among Republicans targeting immigration policy.

"Especially if the prosecutors aren’t taking action or the mayor’s not changing their ways, I’d allow the families to go to court to sue them civilly as well to recover damages,” he continued
    Bobby Jindal Says Sanctuary City Mayors Should Be Arrested