Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judge sets murder suspect's bond at $1 million SOB!

This story doesn't say whether this man is an illegal alien or not. I would assume he is because he's 20 and can't speak English. The story also says he followed his dad to the US from Guatamala. Don't you just love(NOT) how they attempted to turn this story into a sob story?

[quote]Judge sets murder suspect's bond at $1 million
    By LORI PILGER / Lincoln Journal Star
    Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 - 06:03:25 pm CDT
    Marvin Carias’ dad sat in a courtroom Tuesday, watching as a prosecutor listed the charges against his son.

Murder in the first degree.

Use of a weapon to commit a felony.

[+]EnlargeMarvin Carias
    Marvin Carias
    Related Link(s):

3.30.09 Police arrest man in fatal stabbing

3.13.09 30-year-old man dies of stab woundThe 20-year-old stood in blue jail clothes, hair pulled into a ponytail, chains around his ankles.

An interpreter stood at his right, translating what the deputy county attorney alleged — that Carias used a knife to kill 30-year-old Nathan Johns March 13 with premeditated malice or during a robbery.

The interpreter told Carias in Spanish he could get a life sentence on the first charge, and up to 20 years more on the second.

Then Judge Jean Lovell set his percentage bond at $1 million.

Police believe Carias was the man Nate Johns’ sister and two friends saw leaving 1338 D St. March 13, just before finding Johns with stab wounds in his apartment.

Carias left bloody prints at the scene, police say, and fled in Johns’ coat and shoes, with the victim’s cell phone and wallet.

But Jose Carias, the suspect’s uncle, said he’s surprised his nephew was arrested.

He is “tranquilo,â€

He said he asked his son to tell him the truth — and Marvin Carias told him he didn’t know anything, didn’t have any reason to run.
    LOL! Won't be the first time a son's lied to his parents.

Carias left bloody prints at the scene, police say, and fled in Johns’ coat and shoes, with the victim’s cell phone and wallet.
    I suppose he doesn't know how he ended up wearing the victims shoes, coat and carrying the cell and wallet? Yeah, riiiight. [/code]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

“It hurts me so much,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Moving from Other Topics to News, he is an illegal.

~~~

Judge gives man 30 to 50 years for fatal stabbing last March

By LORI PILGER / Lincoln Journal Star | Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 1:30 pm

With the eyes of Nathan Johns' family on him, Marvin Carias apologized at his sentencing Thursday morning.

"I not only made them suffer, but my own family," he said through a court interpreter before he got 30 to 50 years in prison for stabbing Johns to death March 13 in Lincoln.

Since then, Carias, 21, said he's had nightmares and been ill.

"I just ask that you sentence me in the way you see fit ... and that you allow me to have a life after this," he said, adding that he has a 6-month-old daughter.

His attorney, Chris Eickholt of the Lancaster County Public Defender's Office, said Carias didn't intend to kill Johns, and that he left Johns' apartment without knowing he was dead.

"He knew something bad had happened. It certainly did. And it bothered him," Eickholt said.

But Deputy County Attorney Jim Rocke said Carias had to know, that he cleaned himself up, put on Johns' shoes and clothes, and left his own bloodied clothes in the apartment at 1338 D St.

As he left, Carias passed Johns' sister on the stairs. She found her brother, who had been stabbed, and tried to save him, but it was too late.

Eickholt asked District Judge Steven Burns to consider how things went down that day. He said it started with Carias buying marijuana from Johns, and Johns reacting in a "bipolar state."

It was a perfect scenario for something to go bad, he said.

Rocke said whether or not Johns was selling marijuana or having a problem was irrelevant.

"I ask the court to sentence Mr. Carias on his actions, not Nathan Johns'," he said.

Then, Burns sentenced Carias to 30 to 50 years in prison, with credit for 305 days served. Because he is from Guatemala and alleged to be in the country illegally, he will be eligible for deportation in as early as 15 years.

Carias pleaded no contest to second-degree murder in November.

Nathan Johns' mother, Cheral Powell, said she wanted to scream when she heard the sentence.

"He didn't have to kill him. He didn't have to kill my boy," she said, breaking down in tears in the hallway.

She said she had hoped Carias would get a life sentence.

Johns' father, Rick Johns, noted that his son had 40 stab and cut wounds and was killed in his own home. He said he believes his son fought for his life that day.

"Just because some guy's bipolar doesn't mean if you do away with them that it's excusable," Rick Johns said.

His wife, Janis, said they treasured the time they had with Nathan.

After he was killed, family began to hear from strangers about how generous Nathan Johns was, even if he didn't have much himself.

Powell said her son was taken too young, too early, but she feels as though he's watching over his family now.

It feels now like he was an angel, she said.

"We just didn't know it."

http://journalstar.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Added to Homepage with amended title:
    http://www.alipac.us/article-4879--0-0.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Take him down to the border (mod edit).
    IF WE AMERICANS HAD THE POWER,WHAT A NATION WE COULD HAVE AGAIN! LIKE THE 40s,50s,60s.