Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

KC Woman Fights Deportation

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/new ... etail.html

Why should this woman be an exception???

KC Woman Fights Deportation
    Myrna Dick Hopes For Immigration Changes
    POSTED: 7:49 pm CDT April 10, 2006
    UPDATED: 10:16 pm CDT April 10, 2006

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- The immigration issue has been hitting especially close to home for one metro-area woman.

Myrna Dick, 31, has faced deportation to Mexico for two years. Dick is a native of Mexico who has lived most of her life in the United States and is married to an American, Brady. The couple has a 17-month-old son, Zachary, who is considered a U.S. citizen.

The federal government has been trying to deport Dick because immigration officials claim she lied about her identity to border authorities in 1998 when she returned from a trip to Mexico.

Dick told KMBC's Donna Pitman that she hopes changes in immigration law will help keep her family together.

"I feel nervous. I feel happy, nervous, worry -- everything together," Dick said.

She said she's been paying attention to all the Hispanic demonstrations across the country.

"I've been staying up until 4 a.m. watching the immigration events. It's starting to get me so fascinated," Dick said.

She said she hopes immigration law will include a false claims waiver that will pardon those accused of making false claims of citizenship.

"I just hope something comes up, something to let undocumented people who've been here five or more years stay, and drop the charges of false claims to citizenship," Dick said.

Meanwhile, Dick hopes and prays her future and family will remain in Ameirca.

"The land of dreams and opportunity for everybody," Dick said.

In February, the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Dick can be deported to Mexico. Dick's attorneys have asked the court to rehear the case. If it doesn't, they plan to go to the U.S. Supreme Court.

E-Mail: Contact Donna Pitman

She is dreaming I hope she get deported immediately. Why has it taken 2 years when she obviously lied?
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

kev

example

This is a good example of a broken legal system. Just imagine 1/2 of the illegals suing to stay in the country, or courts system would be over taken by criminials trying to get out of their punishment for breaking the law.

Well the lil anchor is only 17 months, what a great time to show him what mommies homeland looks like.....for good.

From the timing it looks like she manufactured her "anchor" after she was charged.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www2.ljworld.com

U.S. Supreme Court denies mother’s stay of deportation
    By Garance Burke - Associated Press Writer

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Kansas City, Mo. — The U.S. Supreme Court has rejected a suburban Kansas City mother’s request to postpone her deportation order, a penalty she faces because courts found she lied about her citizenship years ago when she crossed the border illegally from Mexico, her attorneys said Friday.

Myrna Dick, 32, is married to an American citizen, and her 19-month-old son was born in the Kansas City area. Dick, who speaks fluent English, was raised in Chihuahua, Mexico, but spent the past two decades in the United States.

Justice Samuel Alito denied the motion for a stay of deportation Friday, immediately following the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeal’s rejection of the same request, said Dick’s attorney, Michael Sharma-Crawford.

While the high court is still weighing whether to rehear Dick’s case, an eventual ruling in her favor still wouldn’t necessarily mean the immigrant mother could return to the U.S., Sharma-Crawford said.

“I’m very disillusioned,” Dick said in a telephone interview from San Diego, where she is preparing to leave the country today. “I’m not going to give up, but I just hope that people who have heard the tragedy of our lives will keep on struggling so that immigration laws benefit the many, many families who are in a situation like ours.”

The family’s case drew national attention in 2004, when Dick, then three months pregnant, was first ordered to leave the country. False claim to citizenship, the charge she faced, carries a penalty of a permanent ban from the U.S. A federal judge in Missouri made the decision to stave off Dick’s deportation because he said her fetus was an American citizen.

Earlier this week, a spokesman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said the agency’s case against Dick had not changed and that the government’s position was supported by numerous courts.

“Our job is to enforce immigration law, and that’s what we’re doing in this case, and hopefully restoring some integrity to the immigration system,” agency spokesman Carl Rusnok said Wednesday.

Dick and her husband, a voice engineer for Sprint Inc., believed they would raise Zachary, their toddler, on a cul-de-sac in Raymore, Mo. But Friday, Dick said the family was preparing to drive across the border today to resettle with family friends in Tijuana.

The family is holding out a last hope in an amendment sponsored by Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., that could allow illegal immigrants with similar family situations to stay in the country.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What is she praying for - for America to have no laws ? To what god or idol are all these prayers go ?
    Why the person who violated the laws of the country , commited fraud , delieved a child for the immigration benefits , why does she have such a strong feeling of being right and hopes that she will win ?
    I think this is because of the US born child . If she did not have that baby , she would not be able to claim " extreme hardship " which she is obviously claiming now.
    That is why there so many children being born to Mexicans , because
    " nice " Americans care about children .
    If there was no child involved , this whole story would not exist
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Hope 2006
    That is why there so many children being born to Mexicans , because
    " nice " Americans care about children .
    Hope, I think it would be more appropriate to say that ALL good people in the world care about children.

"Nice Americans" want illegal alien children to be removed from our public schools and for President Bush to enforce immigration laws to keep illegal alien children out of America.

Let's just set the record straight. This is about the laws of our country, the sovereignty of our nation and has nothing to do with whether we are "nice Americans" or not.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A federal judge in Missouri made the decision to stave off Dick’s deportation because he said her fetus was an American citizen.

I realize this is not about the abortion issue and I am not trying to make it into that but I find ironic that the courts can say "the fetus is an American citizen" when the courts do not define the unborn as a person. They cannot have it both ways.

Anyway, deport her. She broke the law. If the father is an American citizen then the child is also, but she needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    A federal judge in Missouri made the decision to stave off Dick’s deportation because he said her fetus was an American citizen.

I realize this is not about the abortion issue and I am not trying to make it into that but I find ironic that the courts can say "the fetus is an American citizen" when the courts do not define the unborn as a person. They cannot have it both ways.

Anyway, deport her. She broke the law. If the father is an American citizen then the child is also, but she needs to go.
    my sentiments exactly! a 'fetus' is a citizen entitled to protection if the mother is illegal, but a 'fetus' is subject to abortion if the mother is a citizen ... I can't tell you how angry this makes me

She said she hopes immigration law will include a false claims waiver that will pardon those accused of making false claims of citizenship.
    considering the Senate, like illegals have contempt for the Constitution, the American people and the rule of law, she's probably not far off. After all, they can draw social security on stolen identifications and stolen numbers
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast