Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Lamar Alexander Embraces Amnesty Again after Primary Win

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lamar Alexander Embraces Amnesty Again after Primary Win

by Tony Lee 11 Aug 2014, 11:53 AM PDT
    breitbart

It didn't take long for Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN) to embrace amnesty again.

As soon as he won his Senate primary election against conservative Joe Carr, Alexander said it was "embarrassing" that Republicans have not yet passed a bill.

Never mind that Alexander spent nearly his entire primary campaign trying to convince voters that he was against "amnesty" and would never dare to embrace it before the primary election.

“I don’t know how it will affect our politics in the near term," Alexander told Politico of a comprehensive immigration bill. “I think it’s embarrassing for us not to deal with the problem, and I think we should do it in the next two years.”

And though Alexander claimed that he won the primary because he did not run away from his record, he aired a deceptive ad in the final week of the campaign that claimed he "voted to end amnesty."

"Last year, I voted to end amnesty," Alexander claimed in his closing campaign ad, despite his vote for the Senate's amnesty bill.

As Breitbart News reported, "Even after law enforcement officials warned him that the Senate's 'Gang of Eight' amnesty bill would worsen the border crisis, Alexander voted for ... the Senate bill [that] provided a pathway to citizenship for nearly all of the country's illegal immigrants."

Alexander also claimed in the ad that he "voted against President Obama's immigration bill" before the recess.

But as Breitbart News also reported, "When Alexander had a chance to help Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) kill the Senate's border bill, he was absent, which means he neither voted for nor against it."

After Carr made Alexander's vote for the Senate's "Gang of Eight" amnesty bill the focal point of his campaign, Alexander failed to receive a majority of the vote on primary night. In fact, Alexander's showing was "by far the lowest winning percentage and margin of victory ever recorded in a primary for a Republican U.S. Senator" from Tennessee, according to a University of Minnesota analysis.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...er-Primary-Win
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Boy, he is so slimy! GRRRRRR!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I thought that was the big GOP strategy. Lay low until after the primaries and then do the amnesty,.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Michelle Malkin

‘That was fast'; After primary win, ‘shameless liar’ Lamar Alexander renews push for amnesty ==> http://twitchy.com/2014/08/12/that-w...h-for-amnesty/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If the Republican brand represented honesty in government, the party would not have backed him. Voters seem to vote time and time again for flip-floppers, I cannot come to an understanding of that, either.

Thus, Republicans like Lamar Alexander adds to my commitment never to vote for any Republican or anyone ever associated with the party. Likewise for Democrats! If ever branded one or the other, just walk past my door, it will do nothing but waste time asking for a vote here.

Don't politicians and political parties recognize that they WILL BE identified by those they associate themselves with?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    Don't politicians and political parties recognize that they WILL BE identified by those they associate themselves with?
    EXACTLY!!!!