Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lawmaker assails trade accord(SPP)

By Bob Bernick Jr. and Deborah Bulkeley
    Deseret Morning News
    A freshman conservative legislator says the United States should get out of a North American trade and security agreement before the countries morph into a European Union-type organization that could take away some of the United States' sovereignty.
    Rep. Stephen Sandstrom, R-Provo, has introduced HCR7, which asks Congress to withdraw from, or at least take oversight control of, a 2005 agreement that was signed by President Bush and the leaders of Mexico and Canada.
    While at first glance the "Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America" may seem harmless, said Sandstrom, it could lead "to the elimination of our borders" in the name of free trade.
    "It could well perpetrate our illegal immigrant problem. We could end up like the EU, even have a common currency," he said.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0%2C1249 ... %2C00.html

yes!!! start e-mailing your congress to support this, then you can do it again when the bill is introduced into the house, lets get going !!! I just e-mailed my Rep. and both Senators. Then I e-mailed all of them and five more to other Senators about the border fence and the dumb mayors!!E-mail the ones you think will listen!!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)