Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let immigrants work in land stolen from them?

Paula Aristene

Date published: 7/18/2006

I believe immigrants should have a chance to get their citizenship. I think the war on immigration has spiraled out of control.

I read that the Senate is trying to pass an immigration bill, and the article helped me realize that there are some people out there--our senators--who are willing to fight for our immigrants ["Another round of immigration hearings set," July 13].

There are many reasons immigrants flee to America. I think one reason is that there is not enough work in their countries. They often work in below-minimum-wage jobs or as day laborers, lacking health care and even the most fundamental workers' rights.

I also have recently read an article titled "Immigrants under attack, fighting back" in an online magazine called Workers World.

Here is a sentence from the article: "If anybody has a right to live and work in the Southwestern states, it is the Mexicans from whom those lands were stolen and the native peoples from this side of the border."

I think this statement stands strong and should be taken into consideration.

I believe that many immigrants have proven themselves; they have worked hard and have completed many tasks given to them.

Therefore, I think that the immigrants who have come and will be coming to America should be given a chance at a better life.

My parents are immigrants, and America opened its door to them. So who are we to tell the immigrants that they cannot come here to start a new life?

If we all think about it, we all are immigrants in this new world we call the United States.

Paula Aristene
    Stafford

Date published: 7/18/2006

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006 ... 006/206219
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Excuse my why I go line the birdcage

Here is a sentence from the article: "If anybody has a right to live and work in the Southwestern states, it is the Mexicans from whom those lands were stolen and the native peoples from this side of the border."
    Unfortunately, the illegals have migrated to all 4 corners of the U.S. I'm pretty sure that North Carolina was never a part of Mexico, so I guess it would be OK to turn away all illegal aliens in our state, according to Ms. Aristene's logic.

Now, where did I put that violin.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

So who are we to tell the immigrants that they cannot come here to start a new life?
    Gee, I thought we were the citizens of this country! Guess that's what I get for thinking.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I AM GETTING REALLY SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING :

"If anybody has a right to live and work in the Southwestern states, it is the Mexicans from whom those lands were stolen and the native peoples from this side of the borde
    I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLES WHO ARE "NATIVE" TO THIS LAND. So are many other American Indian tribes. Many of whom, in California, were wiped out by the SPANISH CONQUISTEDORS. This is not originally their land, it was ours.

And so what!!!!! As I've said over and over and over, every nation on this entire planet has been migrated into, conquered, and invaded during the course of the history of mankind!!!

GET OVER IT!!!

Start living with what you have, instead of what you want.

sippy - stop thinking, it will just get you into trouble

Anyway if things continue forward you will just be a person that takes up space in the North American Union...and we will all be just one big happy family

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    So who are we to tell the immigrants that they cannot come here to start a new life?
    Gee, I thought we were the citizens of this country! Guess that's what I get for thinking.
    Pleeeaaase stick to getting the keg. You'll hurt yourself otherwise. :P :P

If you come here illegally, they made the contious choice to break the law!
    I have no pity. Send them back home to demand jobs and social services from their governments. We have been footing the bill for 20 years!

If they have $5000-$10000 to pay to get here illegally, they are certainly not poor! That kind of money goes a long way in their countries.

Economic hardship is not a reason for asylum.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Once again, no distinction made between illegal immigrant and immigrant.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"If anybody has a right to live and work in the Southwestern states, it is the Mexicans from whom those lands were stolen and the native peoples from this side of the border."
    Meanwhile the entire country of Mexico has been stolen from it's people from within by a relative elite few who thrive on corruption.

Get over it sweety! Not only did Mexico conceed this land in the Treaty of Guadalupe, we compensated Mexico, both monatarily and in debt forgiveness, in the exchange. Oh, and did I mention that BOTH America and Mexico have signed documents to prove this fact?

Besides, if the southwest still belonged to Mexico, your propects of finding a better life in what is now Texas would be just as remote as finding it in Juarez.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast