Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bwa haa haa ha

Isn't Bwwwa haa haa ha

That Bwa haa ha

Their Bwaa haaaha haa hha

Job!

Excuse me. Isn't that their job. They are suppose to enforce immigration laws. They enforce all of the other Federal, State and Local laws.

Why should them actually doing their job come as such a surprise.

The surprise should be that they have gotten away with shirking their duty as long as they have.

We should have revolted, here in California, as soon as we learned that we were living under a Dictatorship after the Proposition 187 stomping.

Where is Proposition 187 now?

StokeyBob said,
    We should have revolted, here in California, as soon as we learned that we were living under a Dictatorship after the Proposition 187 stomping.

Where is Proposition 187 now?
    Remember Gov Pete Wilson supported it? It bounced around in the courts (after we passed it big time) and then Gov Davis (who had in the meantime become governor) squashed it because he didn't agree. If he had supported it it could have gone further in the courts. Gov Davis was a disaster in more ways than one, remember the recall?
    I remember those days well. Felt like a slap in the face because we voted for it. We had our chance to do something out here in this invaded state and as usual our elected officials and courts let us down.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It is time for Proposition 187's resurrection!

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    It is time for Proposition 187's resurrection!
    I found the following for a brief history:
    History of Proposition 187

Prop 187 was passed by the voters on Nov. 8, 1994 to deny public benefits to illegal aliens in California.

The next day several lawsuits were filed in California state court (Mexican-American Legal Defense/Education Fund (MALDEF), League of Latin American Citizens (LULAC), ACLU, and others.

On Nov. 11, 1994 a "temporary restraining order (TRO)" was issued by Federal Judge Matthew Byrne (it was filed in Federal Judge Marianna Pfaelzer's court, but she was out (vacation?), so Byrne did the TRO.

An answer was filed by Attorney General Dan Lungren in state court.

Judge Pfaelzer came back and issued a permanent injunction pending trial. Her rationale was essentially a case in Texas in the 1980's (Plyler v. Doe). Texas tried to deny public education to illegal aliens. The Supreme Court ruled for the illegals, based on two pillars:

1) there were supposedly not enough illegal aliens students in Texas public schools to be a financial burden to Texas, and

2) Congress was contemplating an amnesty for illegal aliens in the U.S. (that occurred in 1986), and illegal alien students who were to be made legal would not be educated. Neither of those conditions existed in 1994.

The cases were consolidated into Judge Pfaelzer's court in 1995.

There were hearings, filings, hearings, filings ...

In 1996 California (Att'y Gen. Dan Lungren) said that Prop 187 was not in conflict with federal law.

In September 1996 federal immigration law was enacted, and in 1997 Lungren asked Judge Pfaelzer for a summary dismissal. (The 1996 federal law included Sec. 133 - that local law enforcement can cooperate with the INS)

Judge Pfaelzer said NO to summary dismissal and ruled for plaintiffs; Lungren said he'll appeal.

Lungren appealed in 9th District Circuit Court in late 1997. FOR SIX MONTHS LUNGREN TOOK NO ACTION - IT SAT THERE. HE SHOULD HAVE MOVED THE CASE ALONG!

Then came the gubernatorial campaign of 1998, and Gray Davis was elected in November. The appeal process was still sitting silently in court because Lungren had not moved it along.

Davis was elected. The plaintiffs requested "mediation" in the 9th District Court, the court agreed to "mediation".

We know what happened then - Davis (who vehemently opposed Prop 187) "represented" FOR Prop 187. Neither the proponent of Prop 187 nor anyone else who co-sponsored Prop 187 was allowed in the bogus "mediation".

Governor Davis refused to allow the appeal to proceed and dropped the appeal, essentially KILLING PROP 187 against the will of the voters. This after having promised to support the appeal during his campaign.

Even the most vocal plaintiffs against Prop 187 said they were afraid that if it went to the U.S. Supreme Court it would be held to be constitutional, reversing Plyler v. Doe.

Then I also found through google "Schwarzenegger's support for Prop 187 reveals glimpse on issues" but the pg said "Item Not Found." Figures.

I do believe I heard somewhere the governor could resurrect this issue but in today's poltical climate and since Arnold is running for re-election plus he just spoke at the La Raza Convention there is no way he would bring the prop back.

California is indeed in a sorry situation re this illegal immigration situation. I think most politicans are just plain afraid plus now they want the votes.

We had our chance and again government let us down. We voted and what for? I shall never forget it.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Across the country, advocacy and civil-rights groups suggest that the police are taking immigration enforcement into their own hands and that federal immigration agents are targeting people who pose no threat to homeland security.
    So, now you have to be a "threat to homeland security" before law enforcement can arrest you?

These illegals are even rewriting our laws now.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Privatized: Secure Border Initiative Network (SBInet)

"At each checkpoint along the path to citizenship or deportation—from desert wilderness to urban labyrinth—private contractors are expected to be hired to detect, apprehend, vet, detain, process, and potentially incarcerate or deport people seeking economic and human rights asylum in the U.S.," Richey wrote. "Five major military contractors are competing to design a system to tackle up to two million undocumented immigrants a year in the United States."
    Is it just me or do these checkpoints sound nearly identical to the so-called "Ellis Island" stations Congressmen Mike Pence has proposed in his "no amnesty" compromise?

They already have a date set of Sept. 30 to award the contract!?!? I read this and it sounds as if the Pence compromise (aka amnesty) has already been agreed upon...they just haven't bothered to clue us in yet.

WTH?

"He [the officer] asked me, why am I always driving on Ocean Drive?" said Mario. "He asked if I had a license. I gave it to him, and he said, 'Where did you buy this license?' I told him, at the 7-Eleven. I was offended. He's got no right to assume that since I'm Latino, I must be illegal."
    Just for being a smartass, I would have found a reason to take this punk to jail.

"These people who are targeted are very isolated. They don't have access to attorneys. Many do not speak English," which prevents them from asserting constitutional rights that apply to legal and illegal immigrants alike, Noguera said.
    Perhaps if they assimilated more and learned English, they wouldn't be having these problems.

Both men are here illegally from Guatemala. Their case underscores the debate over what to do about some 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.
    It was all I could do to read what this clown's problem was. Lets see, they were handcuffed during a field interview. Probably for the officer's protection and nothing illegal about that that I know of.

'Where did you buy this license?' I told him, at the 7-Eleven.
    Oh my.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

The funny thing is that alot of them do hang around 7-11 and are probably buying them there. Maybe not him but others, they are buying them and other things like town parking stickers at the laundromat here. They have their own underground network for these things.

PS: Glad you liked the low hanging fruit joke
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    Privatized: Secure Border Initiative Network (SBInet)

[quote:m8c1n70z]"At each checkpoint along the path to citizenship or deportation—from desert wilderness to urban labyrinth—private contractors are expected to be hired to detect, apprehend, vet, detain, process, and potentially incarcerate or deport people seeking economic and human rights asylum in the U.S.," Richey wrote. "Five major military contractors are competing to design a system to tackle up to two million undocumented immigrants a year in the United States."
    Is it just me or do these checkpoints sound nearly identical to the so-called "Ellis Island" stations Congressmen Mike Pence has proposed in his "no amnesty" compromise?

They already have a date set of Sept. 30 to award the contract!?!? I read this and it sounds as if the Pence compromise (aka amnesty) has already been agreed upon...they just haven't bothered to clue us in yet.

WTH?[/quote:m8c1n70z]
    PARROT
    sure do!

Poison Pence Plan, guys!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=34687
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast