Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Lone Star Card fraud - Food taken to Mexico

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lone Star Card fraud - Food taken to Mexico

Lone Star Card fraud

Updated: Friday, February 7 2014, 07:39 PM CST SAN ANTONIO -

SAN ANTONIO - Groceries purchased with taxpayer-funded Lone Star Cards are being driven or walked across the border into Mexico on a daily basis.

A state investigator who tracks welfare fraud in South Texas is so fed up by what's happening that she broke her silence to the News 4 Trouble Shooters.

"They'll buy groceries and take them to their families in Mexico," the investigator said. "Or, it turns out these people have businesses in Mexico, small groceries or restaurants, and they'll purchase the groceries for their businesses in Mexico."

We can't identify her because she works undercover and revealing her identity could hamper future fraud investigations.

She says she has seen all kinds of abuses, including a wealthy couple applying for Lone Star Card benefits.

"Mister was making $23,000 a month. Misses was driving a Lexus. She drove in the Lexus when I interviewed her," the investigator said.

Lone Star, CHIP and Medicaid cards are confiscated at the border on a daily basis, with the most seizures happening at the Brownsville & Matamoros International Bridge.

A Lone Star Card recipient must live in Texas to receive the benefits, but there are a variety of ways some people are getting around the requirment.

The investigator says some give a false address, usually that of a relative who lives in the US.

They also buy the cards from someone who receives the benefits and illegally sells it for cash.

Another way non-US citizens get the Lone Star Cards is through their children. The investigator says a Mexican doctor was recently stopped at one of the border bridges and asked why she had both a Lone Star and Medicaid card if she lived in Mexico.

"Well that belongs to my children, my children were born in the US, and they're entitled to benefits," the investigator said, explaining the doctor's answer.

When Customs and Border Protection agents catch violators, they confiscate the cards and the investigator cancels the cards. As punishment, the violator's visa to enter the US is cancelled, but prosecuting them for welfare fraud is virtually impossible.

Customs and Border Protection declined our request for an interview.

The USDA, which oversees food stamp programs, offered this response when we shared our investigation with them: "USDA is committed to meeting the highest standards when it comes to protecting taxpayer dollars and safeguarding the integrity of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and will aggressively respond to any fraud or misuse of vital program benefits." - USDA Spokesperson

The state investigator says there needs to be an aggressive response to welfare fraud at the border that's short changing taxpayers and those who really need assistance.

"It should sicken your stomach too when you see all this fraud coming, because it's our tax dollars that are going to waste."

Read More at: http://www.news4sanantonio.com/news/...aud-8242.shtml

Just when you think you've heard everything. These people will stop at nothing to screw the system.

Mooching to a whole new level.

I personally have lived in border cities the corruption level today is at least 90% higher then 30 years ago they have learned how to scam the system and every opportunity is taken to do so, however IMO they do not see it as crime rather we're entitled because they see the USA as a wealthy people or as someone once said "now it's our turn".
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

I used to work with their papers. I got sick of seeing the same amount being put down for wages on their forms when I knew where they were working and knew how much they made because I had family members working at Tyson. I lived in their neighborhoods and knew for a fact that they weren't all single moms like they claimed to be on their paperwork and that dad and/or entire extended families lived with the so called single mom at the same address.

I have a friend who works for a tax company. She is sick of them claiming dependents they don't have so they can screw our tax system.

I found grocery receipts with ebt cards being used from the slobs who lived next door to us. There were three working adults living in the house and one child. There was no way in heck they qualified for food stamps. They had bunches of vehicles, a HUGE flat screen TV that took up most of one of the walls in their house that I occasionally saw through the window and all the latest gadgets. The house looked like crap because they broke the storm windows out and were too lazy to get a nail and hammer to nail the vinyl siding back on after wind storms. Junk was the normal thing and the idiot next door would throw his aluminum cans out the back door for the woman who lived there to pick up which was done seldomly. Shoveling snow is never done and mowing the grass was a joke. Etc, etc, etc.

Oh before I get off this rant-there's the music thing(BASS) that never stops. I have the police number memorized and can instantly dial it which I never knew before the hordes of illegals and amnastied illegals(from Reagan) came to my town. Funny thing is many of the amnastied illegals came here to escape CA and brought their corrupt culture with them.

I could go on and on about how CORRUPT these people are but I'm sure you get the idea. Many think we owe them everything and that they should just take it because we stole the US from them. IDIOTS!!!

Remember this from last summer?

NY food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Haiti

http://www.fromthetrenchesworldrepor...nd-haiti/51291

http://nypost.com/2013/07/28/nyc-wel...-black-market/

http://hinterlandgazette.com/2013/07...ica-haiti.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)