Father of sexual assault victim pursues and apprehends suspect
By Milton J. Valencia
Globe Staff / April 3, 2010

The father of a sexual assault victim in Allston chased the culprit down the street early yesterday morning, fighting off a broomstick attack, and eventually apprehended him, according to court records.

The father of the unidentified 20-year-old woman was able to hold the suspect down until police arrived, resulting in an arrest.

Rigoberto Reyes, 25, of Allston was arraigned in Brighton Municipal Court on charges of unarmed breaking and entering, assault with intent to rape, and assault with a dangerous weapon (the broom). He was ordered held in lieu of $500,000 cash bail by Judge David T. Donnelly. Prosecutors said Reyes is wanted by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, though they did not elaborate.

According to court records, the victim awoke just before 3 a.m. to find Reyes standing at the foot of her bed. She screamed, and Reyes allegedly said, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry,’’ before fleeing, according to court records.

Reyes grabbed a broom from the woman’s mother’s hands on the way out and swung it several times at the girl’s father, the police report stated.

Reyes screamed, “I’m going to kill you,’’ the report said.

He was apprehended just blocks from where the attack occurred.

Reyes was identified by the woman as her attacker. She told police she had never seen him before.

The woman told police that after she started screaming and Reyes fled, she realized her sweatpants had been pulled down a bit, the report said. She was brought to St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center for observation.

Reyes is expected to return to court on April 22 for a probable cause hearing.

He waived a formal appearance in court yesterday, and a not guilty plea was entered on his behalf.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... n_allston/