Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police: Man killed by federal agent was armed with hammer

Note to self: Never take a hammer to a gunfight.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The concept behind interagency law enforcement operations such as Operation VR7 evolved largely from regional and district task forces. Historically local, state and federal agencies have worked closely together to find and apprehend dangerous fugitives.

The U.S.
    Marshals
    adopted interagency teamwork in the early 1980s, when they combined their resources and expertise in fugitive apprehension with local law enforcement to capitalize on their knowledge and unique insight of the street level crime and violence, and the offenders responsible for it. Operation VR7 continues this tradition...

http://www.alipac.us/f12/operation-v...minals-318927/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    The concept behind interagency law enforcement operations such as Operation VR7 evolved largely from regional and district task forces. Historically local, state and federal agencies have worked closely together to find and apprehend dangerous fugitives.

The U.S.
    Marshals
    adopted interagency teamwork in the early 1980s, when they combined their resources and expertise in fugitive apprehension with local law enforcement to capitalize on their knowledge and unique insight of the street level crime and violence, and the offenders responsible for it. Operation VR7 continues this tradition...

http://www.alipac.us/f12/operation-v...minals-318927/
    Oh interesting. I didn't realize we were wasting immigration enforcement dollars chasing down Americans hiding out in their homes after robbing a pizza guy. Oh wait, he hadn't been convicted of that, this was a search warrant event. And, apparently he didn't have a weapon either, just a hammer he was probably trying to pry the window open with so he could run.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Police: Man killed by federal agent was armed with hammer

Note to self: Never take a hammer to a gunfight.
    A hammer is a common tool around most every household. This young guy didn't take a hammer to a gunfight, he's in his own house, minding his own business, and the cops blew in with their guns drawn and murdered him in his own bedroom, and if he had a hammer in his hand, he wasn't using it to attack police, he was probably using it to pry open the window and escapethis band of murdering lunatics.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

City, county, state and other federal agents on the teams also assist I.C.E. agents to apprehend fugitive illegal aliens so they can be prosecuted and/or deported.
    NO AMNESTY

http://www.alipac.us/f12/ice-arrests...-surge-318714/

Project Wildfire was a surge operation led by the HSI National Gang Unit and ran Feb. 23 to March 31. HSI special agents worked with 215 state, local and federal law enforcement partners, including ICE’s Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), to apprehend individuals from various gangs...
    NO AMNESTY

City, county, state and other federal agents on the teams also assist I.C.E. agents to apprehend fugitive illegal aliens so they can be prosecuted and/or deported.
    Well, that sounds appropriate for ICE agents, since they're illegal aliens and need to be deported, but I guess since we're not seeing much of that, they're using citizen arrests to make their numbers?

New details emerge in ICE agent's fatal shooting of Detroit man

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 7:35 PM PDT Updated: Apr 28, 2015 7:49 PM PDT By Taryn Asher, Fox 2 News

The scene outside Terrance Kellom's house after the shooting Monday.

FOX 2 has learned more about the moments that led up to that shooting that killed Terrance Kellom by a federal agent.

Kellom, 20, was wanted for armed robbery and weapons charges and considered dangerous.

According to police sources there were several circumstances surrounding the shooting that Terrance's father Kevin Kellom, left out.

When the Fugitive Apprehension Team showed up with a warrant to arrest Kellom, sources close to the investigation say he was hiding in the attic. He eventually dropped through the ceiling and came after the ICE agent with a hammer, yelling.

The ICE agent who was also African-American, retreated and told Kellom to drop the hammer, which is considered a deadly weapon, multiple times. When Kellom refused the agent, he fired his weapon.
    According to the medical examiners report, the agent shot Kellom multiple times.

His father Kevin Kellom had one story - but according to police sources - it's not all of it.

"All of a sudden I hear a commotion," Kevin Kellom said. "Police offices say 'Freeze, I will kill you. I will blow your m.f. brains out. Show me your hands.'

""I said 'Titi please lay down.' He reaches his hands down and says 'But dad,' and I swear as soon as he said 'But dad,' two shots ring out. The bullets hit my son in the chest."

The distraught father of Terrance Kellom angered protesters with his account of what happened when the agents entered his Detroit house on Evergreen near West Chicago and shot and killed his son.

"His hands went from open to clutched and shaking. His last two words my son said 'Daddy, daddy.'"

Kevin Kellom, who refused to answer FOX 2's follow-up questions late this evening, maintains his son never had a hammer in his hand. But Detroit police confirms that hammer has been taken into evidence and is being tested for fingerprints.

"It's not a question of black on black," said activist Ron Scott. "It's a question of force on person. And this is why people in this county are upset. If you made a mistake, take responsibility."

About 150 protesters upset with another young black man dying at the hands of a police officer walked the streets in front of the westside Detroit home on Evergreen at West Chicago where it happened.

Detroit police were able to keep it under control, but at the same time are preparing for the unknown.

In the wake of the violence in Baltimore, the police department issued a warning to law enforcement in certain cities including Detroit that some gangs have entered into a partnership to take out law enforcement officers.

Federal investigators are conducting an internal investigation and FOX 2 is told that Detroit police is handling the criminal investigation.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...of-detroit-man

NO AMNESTY

Police have video from home where agent killed suspect

George Hunter, The Detroit News7:07 p.m. EDT May 1, 2015

(Photo: Michigan Department of Corrections)

Detroit — A video system investigators confiscated from the home of an armed robbery suspect fatally shot by a federal agent earlier this week could shed light on what happened.

The shooting of Terrance Kellom, 20, occurred Monday in the hallway on the first floor of the home in the 9500 block of Evergreen, at the foot of a stairway and possibly in the path of a video camera affixed to a wall at the top of the stairs.

According to a search warrant return that Kellom's father, Kevin, provided to The Detroit News, Detroit police confiscated a video monitor that he said contained a chip that may have captured the shooting.

The chip also contained video from cameras mounted in the living room, on the porch and on the side of the house, Kellom said.

Officers with a multi-jurisdictional task force that included city, suburban and federal officers went to the Kellom house to arrest Terrance Kellom, wanted for the armed robbery of a pizza delivery man.

Police say Kellom lunged with a hammer before he was shot by Mitchell Quinn, a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officer. Kevin Kellom, who witnessed the shooting, insists his son's hands were empty.

"I'm hoping the video shows what happened, because my son did not have a hammer," Kellom said.

Family attorney Karri Mitchell said Friday he's trying to contact the security service provider to see if the video footage is available on a cloud system.

Detroit police have the video and are reviewing it as part of their investigation.

According to the search warrant return, other items confiscated from the Kellom home about three hours after the shooting include:

■A great neck claw hammer with a wooden handle, recovered from the hallway where the shooting occurred.

■Four .40 caliber shell casings taken from the living room, which leads into the hallway.
    ■A .40 caliber shell casing taken from the hallway.
    ■Another casing recovered from the bathroom, which is adjacent to the hallway.
    ■A seventh shell casing found in the hall closet.
    ■Four fired bullet fragments were also recovered from two bedrooms, the hallway and the molding of the door leading to the stairway.
    ■The black T-shirt Kellom was wearing, his cellphones, and the cellphones of his father and stepmother, Yvette Johnson.
    "We got our phones back (Thursday)," Johnson said. She said nobody filmed the encounter with their phones.
    Besides the Detroit police inquiry, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Office of the Inspector General is investigating the shooting. Detroit police are handling the criminal probe to see if there was any wrongdoing on the part of police and the federal agency is focusing on the internal investigation, since it was a federal agent who shot Kellom.

Quinn gave his statement to investigators Friday, Detroit Assistant Police Chief Steve Dolunt said.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig is not commenting on the case since the investigation is not completed, although he said he told the media Terrance Kellom had a hammer, hoping the information would calm irate residents.

"'No comment' by a police chief can foster distrust in the community and tends to suggest we're hiding something," Craig said. "I'm not going to reveal everything I know about an investigation, but I'll give the public enough so they know what took place."

Mitchell and Ron Scott, director of the Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality, criticized the chief for telling reporters Kellom was armed with a hammer.

"In the future, if you don't have the matter fully investigated, don't speak to it," Scott said.

Craig replied: "If I sit there and say 'no comment,' I'll be criticized for that."

Police reportedly were called to the Kellom home by a girlfriend who claimed Terrance Kellom was beating her, but Mitchell disputed those reports.

"I talked to her, and she said it wasn't true," Mitchell said.

"There are a lot of untrue things being said about this case."

Kevin Kellom and his wife say police told them they had a warrant to search the home, although they never produced one.

"There was no search warrant," Mitchell said.

However, if police felt Terrance Kellom's girlfriend was in danger when she reportedly called about being abused, they wouldn't need a warrant to enter the home, University of Detroit-Mercy law professor Larry Dubin said.

"If police think someone is in immediate danger, that could be a circumstance which would not require a search warrant," he said.

A private funeral for Terrance Kellom is planned for Wednesday.

ghunter@detroitnews.com

(313) 222-2134

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...lled/26738687/

NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast