Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Man Rescued During September Floods Looks To Sue Rescuers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man Rescued During September Floods Looks To Sue Rescuers

Gretchen Carlson just nailed him for being in the country illegally. She asked the lawyer if he was in the country legally and the lawyer danced around. She then said that the lawyer, during the break, had told her his client was here illegally. I hope FOX posts the video.

He says he needs money for his hospital bills. Illegals have their bills paid by MEDICAID

Man Rescued During September Floods Looks To Sue Rescuers

March 4, 2014 12:05 PM

BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – A Broomfield man who was saved in a dramatic rescue last September during Colorado’s historic flooding has filed papers indicating he may sue his rescuers.

Roy Ortiz says crews didn’t realize he was trapped in his upside down car on the morning of Sept. 12 after heavy rain washed out a road close to the intersection of Highway 287 and Dillon Road in Lafayette.
    “I started yelling again and I started making noise to let them know, those people, that I’m alive,” Ortiz said.

PHOTO GALLERY: Images Of The Dramatic Rescue Efforts

He claims officials ignored pleas from his wife and brother to help. He had jumped into the back seat of his 2003 Poniac in an attempt to keep himself alive. Two hours later, help finally reached him.

Six months after the rescue, Oritz has reluctantly filed a notice of intent to sue his rescuers and other authorities. He says he needs help paying medical bills.

Rock Creek flooding washes out Dillon Road on Sept. 12, 2013. (credit: CBS)

His legal papers claim the washed out road should have been closed, or at least marked during the rains. This could have prevented the accident from happening. Two others were also rescued at the scene.

His attorney says the filing was made to preserve Roy Ortiz’s rights.
    “It’s unfortunate to have to try and cast liability and responsibility for this act of God on the men and women who risked their own lives,” said Ed Ferszt.

But authorities at the North Metro Fire Department are happy they were able to rescue Ortiz.

Spokeswoman Sara Farris said they “certainly sympathize with what Mr. Ortiz had to go through.”

“I’m sure it was a traumatic experience for him,” she said. “Ultimately, we were just very grateful we were able to save his life that day.”
    Ortiz said he has suffered a total of $500,000 in damages.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/03/0...-sue-rescuers/

From Sodahead:

Illegal Alien POS - Saved in Dramatic Flood Rescue May SUE the Rescuers

by Varick Posted March 12, 2014 (39 minutes ago)

(and YES, Gretchen Carlson was told buy Ortiz's attorney during the commercial break, that he was in fact 'undocumented' yet refused to answer the same question, on air.)

+++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++

You may remember this dramatic rescue from last September during massive flooding in Colorado. The video showed Roy Ortiz being pulled from his overturned car by rescuers after he drove onto a washed-out road in Lafayette, Colorado.

Well, now Ortiz has filed a notice of intent to possibly bring a lawsuit against the very people who saved his life. He claims he was left stranded in his vehicle for two hours before help arrived, and argues that authorities ignored pleas from his wife and brother.The papers also argue that the deluged road should have been closed, or marked more clearly during the storm. Ortiz claims he suffered $500,000 in damages, and says he has trouble paying medical bills.

Martha MacCallum discussed the unusual possible case with former prosecutor Anna Yum and defense attorney Bradford Cohen. Yum pointed out that at this point, Ortiz has only "preserved his right to sue," arguing that just because a person can file a lawsuit doesn't mean they should.
    Overall, she believes it would be a "tough sell" to prove to a jury that the rescuers were negligent. She said in most cases, government entities are immune from legal claims like this, so his attorneys would have to pinpoint an exception.
    Cohen said if a lawsuit materializes here it would be "idiotic."

Read More: http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/07/co-man-saved-...

http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...stion-4227813/

The scumbag says he's a co-pastor of a church in Aurora, CO. Someone needs to fine and jail the owners of the company and the church that he works for because he is an illegal! Here's his sob story article:

Colorado man saved from flood faces backlash for suing rescuers

“Of course he was thankful because those divers did have a major role to play in saving his life that day,” lawyer says. "That doesn't negate the fact that a mistake may have been made."

By Evan Bleier | March. 11, 2014 at 12:03 PM | 4 Comments

March. 11 (UPI) -- A Colorado man who was rescued after he hit a washed out road and ended up stuck in a creek during a Broomfield County flood last year may be suing the people who rescued him and the county for up to $500,000.
    Roy Ortiz is filing the lawsuit because he claims the rescuers from North Metro Fire Rescue should have gotten to him faster and were negligent because they didn’t realize he was trapped in his upside-down car. Ortiz was stuck in the cold water of the creek for about two hours.

“Of course he was thankful because those divers did have a major role to play in saving his life that day,” Ortiz’s attorney, Ed Ferszt, told 7 News Denver. “That doesn't negate the fact that a mistake may have been made. I can understand why there's a lot of furor over people thinking that he's biting the hand that feeds. Does that mean that officers of North Metro Fire are above reproach?”

He added:

“Well, well let's talk for a second about the divers. If divers went into the water in an attempt to locate Roy and they didn't see him there, as dangerous a job that it is -- and we are thankful for first responders, that was a mistake. And the legal term for that mistake is negligence."

Ortiz is still bothered by a shoulder injury he suffered during the incident and has already amassed about $40,000 in medical bills.

“Well, I'm happy. I'm really happy to be alive," Ortiz said. “But I'm looking for some help with my bills. I don't have the money to pay.”

He admits that he’s certainly heard some criticism about the suit.

“People react like I am a bad man for filing this,” Ortiz said. “It's not like that. I just tried to defend my rights. My name is being defamed; I've been working for the same company for 17 years, I'm co-pastor of a church in Aurora. People know me. I’ve never caused trouble…My situation was taken out of context.”

"I'm sure it was a traumatic experience for (Ortiz)," said a spokesperson for the North Metro Fire Department. "Ultimately, we were just very grateful we were able to save his life that day."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/03/...#ixzz2vmoCbq1V

He might owe 17 years of back taxes.