Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Marchers say gringos, not illegals, have to go

Marchers say gringos,
    not illegals, have to go
    Activists turn tables, offer no amnesty for 'non-indigenous' on 'our continent'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: March 29, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Mexica Movement activists protest in L.A.

WASHINGTON – While debates about guest-worker programs for illegal aliens take place in the corridors of power, in the streets of America's big cities no amnesty is being offered by activists calling for the expulsion of most U.S. citizens from their own country.

While politicians debate the fate of some 12 million people residing in the U.S. illegally, the Mexica Movement, one of the organizers of the mass protest in Los Angeles this week, has already decided it is the "non-indigenous," white, English-speaking U.S. citizens of European descent who have to leave what they call "our continent."

The pictures and captions tell the story.

"This is our continent, not yours!" exclaimed one banner.

"We are indigenous! The only owners of this continent!" said another.

"If you think I'm illegal because I'm a Mexican, learn the true history, because I'm in my homeland," read another sign.

"One of the more negative parts of the march was when American flags were passed out to make sure the marchers were looked on as part of 'America,'" said the group's commentary on the L.A. rally.

Both Rep. James Sensebrenner, R-Wis., chairman of the House Judiciary Committee and a proponent of tougher border security, and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger were caricatured as Nazis by the group on its posters and banners.

The group insists the indigenous people of the continent were the victims of genocide – a campaign of extermination that killed, according to one citation, 95 percent of their population, or 33 million people. Another citation on the same website claims the toll was 70 million to 100 million.

The only solution, says the Mexica Movement, is to expel the invaders of the last 500 years, force them to pay reparations and return the continent to its rightful heirs.

The platform of the group illustrates the diverse – and sometimes extreme – agendas of those participating in the mass mobilizations that have been seen largely as protests against efforts to curb illegal immigration.

Some of those involved, including the Mexica Movement, have much bigger goals than stopping a piece of legislation before Congress.

The Mexica Movement has big issues with many other equally radical groups participating in the massive, united-front rallies. The group makes a point of distinguishing its goals and objectives from others, such as the separatist Aztlan Movement.

Aztlan, the mythical birthplace of the Aztecs, is regarded in Chicano folklore as an area that includes California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and parts of Colorado and Texas. The movement seeks to create a sovereign, Spanish-speaking state, "Republica del Norte," or the Republic of the North, that would combine the American Southwest with the northern Mexican states and eventually merge with Mexico.

A group called "La Voz de Aztlan," the Voice of Aztlan, identifies Mexicans in the U.S. as "America's Palestinians." Many Mexicans see themselves as part of a transnational ethnic group known as "La Raza," the race. A May editorial on the website, with a dateline of Los Angeles, Alta California, declares that "both La Raza and the Palestinians have been displaced by invaders that have utilized military means to conquer and occupy our territories."

Others in the coalition hope to see a "reconquest" of the American southwest by Mexico. This would not likely take place through military action, they say, but rather through a slow process of migration – both legal and illegal.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=49482

I am African American, part of a group who has had to live with lies and injustice from the beginnings of this country and am very insulted by the idea that Hispanics have been taught a lie teaching them that this was their country. Some fool told them a self-serving fable saying this was part of Mexico. They believed this without even doing any reseach on their own. This is where their arrogance comes from. The fact that they are waving Mexican flags instead of american flags is an insult. They don't care about America they only care about unusing the freedoms we have here. When African Americans marched throughout the 20th century we were maching for equal rights not special treatment. We didn't want to be allowed to break the law, we wanted to be allowed to live as equals in a country WE help build. NOT illegal Mexicans and other Hispanics. Black people were the primary FREE labor in the USA. I'm am an independent leaning towards the Democrats and am very insulted when our politicans have allowed illegal immigration to go on for so long. Hispanics have gotten away with so much they are now shocked that someone wants to hold them to the same laws real Americans must abid by. Reagan and his fools allowed this at the same time they we gutting this country of it's American labor force. No Steel work, no steady Auto workers, textile and many other manufacturing jobs were sent away. I hope the Senate grows "A PAIR" and passes a law that has teeth that will bite. The disrespect foreigners have been allowed to have for America is not exceptable and it's time our politicans see this. They don't have to live down here with regular folks so they don't see what we see.

Welcome blazedatrack!

The fact that they are waving Mexican flags instead of american flags is an insult. They don't care about America they only care about unusing the freedoms we have here. When African Americans marched throughout the 20th century we were maching for equal rights not special treatment.
    You hit the nail on the head.

Welcome blazedatrack,

I'm am an independent leaning towards the Democrats
    I am sorry to say that they are worse than the Republicans on this issue. The Democrats see them as potential voters for their party. I would hold onto that Independent party affiliation if I were you.

Both parties are one and the same, with a few exceptions.