Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Marco Rubio says he would come to the US illegally if he had to

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Marco Rubio says he would come to the US illegally if he had to

Marco Rubio says he would come to the US illegally if he had to

By Chris Moody, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 4 hrs ago...

Marco Rubio. (Alan Diaz/AP)Hypothetically, if Sen. Marco Rubio were not an American citizen and could not provide food for his family, he says he would cross the border illegally to come to the United States.

While discussing immigration policy in his new memoir, "An American Son," Rubio (R-Fla.) called for "common decency" in dealing with undocumented immigrants and said that if put in a similar position as those who are fleeing destitution, he would break the law, too.

"Many people who come here illegally are doing exactly what we would do if we lived in a country where we couldn't feed our families," Rubio writes in his book, which went on sale Tuesday. "If my kids went to sleep hungry every night and my country didn't give me an opportunity to feed them, there isn't a law, no matter how restrictive, that would prevent me from coming here."

[Related: Rubio to Obama: Call me maybe?]

Rubio, a member of a political party that has largely opposed efforts to extend a path to citizenship to those in the country without documentation, has been crafting his own version of an immigration reform bill that would let some children of undocumented immigrants avoid being deported.

[Related: Faith a major theme in Rubio's memoir]

Rubio is considered a possible vice presidential running mate for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who spent the primary season voicing opposition to an immigration plan that would give those who came illegally permanent residency or citizenship without returning to their home country first.

Marco Rubio says he would come to the US illegally if he had to | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Marco Rubio. (Alan Diaz/AP)Hypothetically, if Sen. Marco Rubio were not an American citizen and could not provide food for his family, he says he would cross the border illegally to come to the United States."

I have yet to meet one single underweight or starving illegal. Some are pretty hefty actually. If they are so bad off, they wouldn't be paying big bucks for stolen identities or fraudulant documents.

Does this guy even realize how many poor citizens we have? Does he realize how many citizens make like a buck or two over the poverty limit and are denied any help whatsoever? Their kids are hungry too! How many of our poor people have to decide between life saving medicines or food? To place an illegal above a poor struggling citizen is a shame, unfair and just plain wrong!

How does he think our poor people feel when their tax dollars are being spent on freebies for illegals when they don't have the same help for themselves?

Clearly many do not believe in our laws,and again how many should we allow in, is there a limit, how do we provide for people with limited or no skills, what would it take to satisfy these folks,open borders,end of the USA as we know it bringing America down to third world status.

Simply put if a country does not control its borders it will be destroyed, everything must have limits and yet those who want more immigration fail to understand that simple idea. I am weary of subsidizing cheap labor for business leaders/companies and in the process they raise prices on goods to average Americans.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

MW
    Rubio's comment is a clear indication that he does not support our immigration laws. We need to do everything in our power to make sure Romney does not choose him for VP.

Late breaking news: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-running-mate/
    Last edited by MW; 06-19-2012 at 02:47 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I know a man that while G. Bush was President and R. Perry was Governor of Texas was diagnosed with blocked arteries and told to seek quick surgery or face death. Retired, aged 63, with the advice of his surgeon and head of surgery at the local hospital, he went to the local hospital to attempt to make arrangements to pay his hospital bill, pre-surgery arrangements. Of course, his $800 Soc. Sec. check did not convince the financial arrangement officer of the hospital that he'd ever get it paid off. She denied him, twice, admission to the hospital. I'm sure that by now you have figured out that this financial officer was of Mexican descent.

The patient, being of our ilk, i.e. anti illegal immigration, on the last visit to her, challenged with, "And if I was undocumented and my last name was Gonzalez or Rodriquez what would your answer be?" Her quick response, "You'be in surgery tomorrow. I have programs for them." But this soul was not admitted. True story, I took this guy to the hospital to see this fantastic hispanic financial officer.

As I see it: It is illegal to be european American today, but not illegal to be hispanic illegal alien in America. You see, In Texas, if you retired before retirement age after age 62 you are not qualified for Medicaid, even tho this fella had worked and paid taxes for 40+ years, but hispanic and never paid a dime, immediate life saving surgery was yours.

Yes, I get Rubio's point! But, is it right or even fair to Americans?

Exactly! That is why we need strong laws enforced by men and women with guns as officers because there are people that will invade America for much more trivial desires than feeding their families and when it comes to feeding families many will stick a gun in an Americans face to do it, steal a job or undercut an American worker or company to do it, sell drugs to our children to do it, etc etc...

Marco Rubio is supposed to be a lawmaker, but instead he is more of a sympathizer with law breakers.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    It sounds like he is condoning illegal activity.