Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: McConnell Caves, But Reid Wants Full Surrender From Boehner As Well

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Upset American, oh my gosh, did you ever capture the emotions of every real American dealing with this issue with your words. Beautiful job, and it tears at my heart how true it is. What we're all going through now reminds me of what the first Americans had to be thinking before the Revolutionary War and what the first Republicans were feeling before the Civil War, seeing and knowing that wrongs had to be righted with the dread that they were out of peaceful options.

We still have those options. We have 26 states behind US and possibly some more before it's over. We have 236 members of the US House of Representatives with US. We have at least 1 Federal Judge with US. We have 53 US Senators with US. We have 90% of the Republican Party and more than 60% of all American Voters with US. And I believe some of these numbers will grow as time and information march on.

McConnell has let US down. It was expected. He's married to a globalist, he can't help himself, he's pussy-whipped, and Kentucky needs to retire him, the same as Arizona needs to retire John McCain, and South Carolina needs to retire Lindsey Graham. Why these states keep these guys in the US Senate when they vote so contrary to the will of the people of these states is mind-boggling, but under our system, that is the choice of the states who vote for them. We can encourage them to give them the boot, but at the end of the day, we have to accept their decision, the same as they must accept ours when we send someone to Washington DC from our states.

But lets see what the People's House does and if they will keep their promise and hold the line and stand their ground.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Republican leadership in the Senate is fully caving to the demands of Democratic lawmakers calling for a so-called “clean” Department of Homeland Security funding bill that leaves President Obama’s executive amnesty intact, but Democrats are still balking at the plan.

But Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid balked at the offer, saying Democrats would continue to filibuster the bill until House Speaker John Boehner indicated he was willing to also pass it through the House.
    Gotta love this one. The Repub leadership has been huffing and puffing about executive amnesty, while in truth they've been using 'Bama's amnesty, to give their big money donors the surplus labor that those donors covet. Now the Demos are turning the table on the turn coats. They'll make the Repub leadership look weak, even tho voters gave those turn coats majorities in both houses of Congress.

Stay tuned to, As the Stomach Turns....
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

It's a disgraceful betrayal by the US Senate of the Republicans and other Americans who have worked so hard for so many years to stop illegal immigration. We didn't elect you for fake drama-queen charades. We elected you to do a job and get it done, and that job is to stop illegal immigration, grind it to a halt, end the madness and corruption behind it that drives it, and put our country back on track.

This problem should have been solved years ago by those of you who have been there for decades, yes, that's you McConnell. But even now when 90% of the Republican Party wants this stopped, even now when the vast majority of all Americans wants illegal immigration to end, even now when state lawsuits are filed to stop it, even now when the majority of our states want it over, even now with an $18 trillion and growing national debt incurred largely to fund social welfare programs our tax base can't afford to support people who aren't supposed to be here, even now when all net new jobs since 2009 went to illegal aliens or immigrants, even now while 20 million American citizens have had their livelihoods stolen from them and their wages and hours for those still working deflated or stagnated by illegal immigration, even now, you don't have the balls to defund a dirty Department whose inactions and actions are the primary cause of this problem, even now when this Department is telling you upfront it has no intention of enforcing the laws it's paid to enforce, even now you turn your backs on American workers, American businesses, American voters and American citizens and collude with the Democrats to perpetuate and proliferate this awful harm to our citizens and nation.

Shame on you, Shame, shame, shame on you.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-26-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

UpsetAmerican, you have so fully described how I've felt about America for 25 years. Judy, we all are living the same chapter of history, but I find it difficult to find solace in the republican party when you have admitted the best of the party does not run for office. Those people though are choosing the candidates and even the elected. They are not even doing a good job of that, IMO, and your statements confirm that opinion. A republican president coming in 2016 scares the living c__p out of me. I need not remind you of Ronald Reagan who first exercised getting around deportation law with one pen stroke. And George W. Bush who told me that immigration was good for the country after I told him of the damage aliens were bringing upon American families. Judy, I am sorry but electing a republican President will not endear me to America. The two I mentioned should be adequate for convincing others that those from the GOP are not good, correction, are no good for America.

It goes without question that I do not support democrats because of their stance on immigration and amnesty issues. My question is this, how on this issue do we tell the difference from one party or the other? We can fuss about modest and subtle differences, but at the end of the day what has been delivered? Reagan's non-action not securing borders to pacify corporate farmers leading to the death of my son, honestly would anyone else feel differently than I?

Either we need an emerging third party representing only real Americans strong enough to take the election in 2016 or we need another alternative. UpsetAmerican, I understand, I have not owned a gun in 50 or more years, but I want one now.

I expect that the House will eventually be embarrassed into caving just as McConnell did. That will weaken the States case by the time it gets to SCOTUS, because that court will deny the States standing since Congress funded the action Obama is taking. I hope not, because if that happens it will be hard to go to the polls. but I think both parties KNOW that is the way it will happen! If it happens that way, our Constitution is totally worthless, and Katy bar the door! Imagine what future presidents will do with the new precedent.

vistalad, I agree fully with your remark about the huffing and puffing leadership. It is hard work to put on a show pretending you oppose the intended outcome. (Reagan was good at it, it was his training, ) Over 29 years, we have been exposed to that before, too.

Oh I know, kevinsdad, it is a very dangerous time. But given the options, only a Republican President will sign the bills we want and only he/she will enforce US immigration law on any level. When Ronald Reagan was elected, and I didn't support him in the primaries, voted for someone else, and was never a fan, other than for his work with the USSR. He was a great communicator and that's why so many people love him, and that's okay. He did have a way of making Americans proud to be Americans, but I didn't care for his tax changes in 1986, I didn't agree with his amnesty, I didn't support his free trade stances, I didn't agree with his treatment of air traffic control workers, I didn't support his opposition to the ERA Amendment, I didn't support his social values involving government, I didn't support his opposition to affirmative action, and in trying to figure out why he took these positions, I looked up his background and discovered that he had been born and raised a Democrat.

Reagan was a good person and meant well, and he did bring peace for awhile to our world, but he wasn't a Real Republican. As such, he brought in a lot of people to our party who didn't know and many who still haven't learned the actual long-standing principles of the Republican Party, and those people from the Democratic Party who like to be involved in politics got themselves active in the party and became Delegates to the National Convention.

And as for the Bushes, well, we all know GHWB sneaked NAFTA through, even twisting Clinton's arm to sign it. And Bush II was even worse pushing dozens of free trade treason agreements through and laying down on his job to enforce US immigration law for 6 of his 8 years. But he did it sneaky, so most of US didn't even realize what was going on. Those were the days before ALIPAC and while I believe NumbersUSA was formed but I didn't know about it, and like most Republicans, we were just caught unawares, yes, it's our fault, we shouldn't have trusted as much as we did, and now we feel a huge obligation to fix it. We are I believe the only ones who can and will. We could establish a rather large new party, and create a 3 party system, when no election produces officials that represent a majority. That might be worse.

But lets look back in history. Our revolutionary war took 13 years from the date our Declaration of Independence was signed, and 2 more years to have our Constitution. It took people who became Republicans 74 years after our Constitution was signed and a Civil War to end slavery. It took Republicans another 100 years to establish equal rights for black Americans. We are the minority party, still after all these years, and I expect will remain so, even when we win control of the Congress and White House, numerically we still have fewer registered Republicans than Democrats, even though from time to time, Independents and some Democrats vote for our candidates for one reason or another. So it's not easy to fix things, especially when some of our candidates aren't actually with US on important issues.

My point is it takes time to fix these wrongs. They say patience is a virtue, and in this case, I suppose it is, but I'm running out of it as I'm sure millions of other Americans are as well, so Republicans need to act and act firmly to end illegal immigration once and for all and that means getting rid of officials who talk one beat during a campaign and do another after they're elected. That can no longer be tolerated. It's so weird that we could get enough Democrats to work with us on the Keystone Pipeline, which I support, but it's not a crisis deal, whereas we can't get them to help us on illegal immigration, which is not only a crisis deal economically and fiscally, it's the greatest of all national security threats to our people and nation.

JohnDoe2 posted a report from Congressman Goodlatte where he announced that his House Judiciary Committee is working up the immigration enforcement bills that include Trey Gowdy's bill to authorize states to enforce state immigration laws, Lamar Smith's E-Verify bill, Chaffetz bill to end catch and release practices, another bill to amend our asylum laws, and John Carter's bill that deals with the unaccompanied minors from Central America who are being allowed to stay in the US whereeas those from Mexico are being sent back. He didn't mention Steve King's bill on ending automatic birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens, and maybe that's because it's on a different schedule than the enforcement bills. But I was so happy to see the ones he mentioned, especially Gowdy's, Smith's, Chaffetz's and the asylum amendment bills.

So maybe at least soon, we'll have states right to enforce state immigration law and national E-verify legislation. That would be 2 big steps in the right direction. Huge in fact.

We would never have those if we get them without Republicans, and I hope we'll have Steve King's bill as well.

The first step in correcting an error is admitting it to be a mistake or even wrong. Our nation, but especially the GOP, has not even admitted that the original aliens amnesty signed in 86 was an error of very grave consequences leading to tens of thousands of preventable American deaths. That is reality and must be admitted before dealing with it will become reality.

Depending upon the next election to get it corrected is feeding voters false hope now proven 12 times to be falsehoods. Doing things as it has always been done and expecting a different result is defined as insanity!

Distributors of false hope are often affected with false pride, resting upon laurels rather than achieving new accomplishments. America suffers surely with these ailments. Americans do not like change as a whole, but our political system is now dysfunctional at best, possibly corrupt and worse. A remodeling or overhaul is past due.

America has always been innovative, seeking new, better ways of getting it done. It is past time to update Washington DC, but it will not be done to provide the best for Americans as a nation with the present system! Our present DC occupants still seem determined to prove it right by risking making it worse, both parties do this putting the entire nation at grave risk. Decades of history has clearly demonstrated that to be America's present political reality!

The year 2016 is still 2 years away, the correction is now 25 years past due. We now have accumulated decades of late charges, we cannot afford another year!
    Last edited by kevinssdad; 02-27-2015 at 11:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12