Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MCSO raids Phoenix hotel in search of illegal workers

MCSO raids Phoenix hotel in search of illegal workers
    azfamily.com
    by Jennifer Thomas
    Video report by Steve Ryan
    Posted on August 24, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    Updated today at 1:43 PM

PHOENIX -- The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office served a search warrant at a Phoenix hotel Wednesday morning, looking for illegal workers.

Deputies raided the Days Inn at Fifth Avenue and Camelback Road after a two month-investigation into whether the general manager had been knowingly hiring illegal immigrants.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio said they have information that 10 of the 18 employees are in the country illegally using false identification.

One person was taken into custody at the hotel. Deputies continue to search for the other nine.

"I'm very happy we don't catch all of them," Arpaio said. "I'm sure they'll be heading south, make more vacancies for U.S. citizens. The owner here is going to have to hire some employees. I hope they're U.S. citizens."

Three victims are out of state. Arpaio said the illegal immigrants used the victims' Social Security numbers.

The general manager was not on the premises at the time of the raid.

This was MCSO's 51st employers sanctions/ID theft investigation.

"I'm not concerned with the president's new policy on deportation," Arpaio said. "We're going to continue doing what we've been doing. These raids, we believe, caused the vacancies of over 1,000 positions. Once again, I hope they're being filled by U.S. citizens and not those here illegally in our country."

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/MCSO ... 21793.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Realted Thread
    Deputies raid Phoenix hotel
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-248076-pho ... hotel+raid