Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico applauds deal on immigration reform

http://www.mexiconews.com.mx/18223.html

Migration deal seen as positive measure
    El Universal
    May 12, 2006

Mexico applauds deal on immigration reform, hopes for approval. The government applauded a deal reached by U.S. Senate leaders Thursday on reviving a broad immigration bill that could give millions of illegal immigrants a chance to become U.S. citizens

The agreement brokered by U.S. Senate Republican Majority Leader Bill Frist, from the state of Tennessee, and Democrat Minority Leader Harry Reid, from Nevada, breaks a weeks-long political stalemate.

The leaders said they will try to pass it before May 30.

The Foreign Relations Secretariat said in a statement Thursday afternoon that the deal is a "positive step toward the approval of a migration accord." Mexico also will uphold its responsibility in securing its border with the United States, the news release said.

President Vicente Fox, who finishes his six-year term this year, has made a migration accord with the United States a top priority. His efforts were sidelined after the Sept. 11 attacks, when Washington focused more on border security rather than legalizing undocumented immigrants.

Who is in control?

Yeah right...Mexico will uphold it's responsibility to secure it's side of the border just as we have on our side. Millions more will cross and we will be granting amnesty to 50.000.000 more. I wouldn't be surprised after the bill is passed by the Senate, ironed out by a House-Senate conference committee then approved by each chamber and signed by El Presidente Vincente Bush (who will invite his brother Fox to the signing ceremony...hell he will probably present him with a pen), the speeches and talk of border fortification will come to a screeching halt. There will be no enforcement of any of the provisions just as with IRCA in 1986 and we will be back to where we are now. Comrade Bush's framework of his Globalist Manifesto will be complete. If he deploys any troops it will be a token presence so as not to offend his brother and his corporate masters. And as with the border patrol I wouldn't be surprised if he let the Mexican government establish "advisory offices" in command posts and lets them run the operation.
    Any president who conspires with another country to spy on our citizens and feeds that country tactical information which needlessly endangers innocent lives is an administration that can't be trusted. The border patrol has complained of Mexican government influence over their operations. The Mexican government has had complete and free reign throughout every aspect of their operations via Mexican offices located in every border patrol substation. It is because of this I will NEVER again trust this narco-empire and fortune 500 controlled administration.
    If we don't stop this insanity I see a bleak future for this country where the entire western sphere will be the socio-economic structure currently in Mexico, Central and South America, comprised of the haves and have-nots. The middle class will no longer exist; relegated to the streets peddling fruits and vegetables. The government and police forces will be run by drug cartels with rampant corruption throughout all levels of bureaucracy. The landscape will be replete with tin and cardboard shacks with unsanitary conditions breeding wide spread disease.
    I heard Israel is granting citizenship to American Jews. I was in the service of this country for 24 years and if things don't change I don't want to be around in 20 - 30 years as I will not stand by and watch this country I fought to protect, defend and preserve disappear into the dustbin of history.