Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico: Drug war Violence hits Cancun

3 found dead in SUV outside of Cancun
    By JORGE DOMINGUEZ Associated Press
    Feb. 3, 2009, 2:05PM

CANCUN, Mexico — The corpses of a retired brigadier general and two other men were found today in a sport utility vehicle abandoned on a highway outside of Cancun, the resort’s mayor said. All had been shot many times.

Mayor Gregorio Sanchez identified the victims as Mauro Enrique Tello, who recently retired from Mexico’s army; Tello’s assistant Tulio Cesar Roman, an active-duty infantry lieutenant, and civilian Juan Ramirez.

Tello had been working as a security consultant to the local government when he was killed.

Officials said they had no suspects or clear motive in the killings.
    The killings are part of a wave of mostly drug-related violence.

More than 5,000 organized crime homicides were reported last year as the world’s most powerful drug cartels battle for territory and fight off a two-year government crackdown by the army.

Also today, a Mexican police station near the port of Lazaro Cardenas came under intense gunfire before dawn and officer Jose Cruz Zamorano was killed as he sat in a patrol car parked outside the building, state police said in a statement. Another officer inside the station was injured.

The attackers escaped. But authorities set up roadblocks looking for them.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hea ... 44495.html

Darn, there goes my vacation. KIDDING. Just hope the colleges wake up and kids don't go heading down there for Easter Break.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would think the colleges would put out warnings.Lets hope. The place where I am employed puts out warnings on areas like that.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou