Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico may take border fence dispute to U.N.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/disp/st ... 46604.html

Oct. 9, 2006, 4:21PM
    Mexico may take border fence dispute to U.N.

By JENNY BARCHFIELD
    Associated Press

PARIS — Mexico's' foreign secretary said today that the country may take a dispute over U.S. plans to build a fence on the Mexican border to the United Nations.

Luis Ernesto Derbez told reporters in Paris, his first stop on a European tour, that a legal investigation was under way to determine whether Mexico has a case.
    Click Here

The Mexican government last week sent a diplomatic note to Washington criticizing the plan for 700 miles of new fencing along the border. President-elect Felipe Calderon also denounced the plan, but said it was a bilateral issue that should not be put before the international community.

Derbez said after meeting with French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy that it was a "shame" U.S. immigration policy had been used for what he claimed was a short-term political gain in the lead-up to midterm elections in the U.S. in November.

He said he discussed the issue with Douste-Blazy, and planned to bring it up in meetings with his Spanish and Italian counterparts during visits to Madrid and Rome. He vowed to work on the case until the "very last day" of President Vicente Fox's term, which ends Dec. 1.

The U.S. Senate approved the border fence bill last month and President Bush has said he will sign it into law — despite last-minute pleas from the Mexican government for a veto.

"What should be constructed is a bridge in relations between the two countries," Derbez said.
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

I don't know why they are bothering their little pea sized brains over this since we all know there will not be any fence.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

What in the world is mesiko doing in PFRANCE talking about the USA?

This is laughable, amazing and plain ridiculous.

Isn't Pfrance having some major anarchy problems with MIGRANTS as we speak? Yes, lets all listen to the one country in the world that gave the keys to Paris to hitler with a parade. Lets listen to the country that had secret dealings with Iraq/Hussein for OIL and OIL FOR FOOD / UN.

Now....doesn't everyone feel better......Pfrance to the rescue.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    nittygritty wrote:

I don't know why they are bothering their little pea sized brains over this since we all know there will not be any fence.
    I tend to disagree, I think there will be a fence (of some sort). The fence bill has been signed. It will take an "act of Congress" to change that, and it'll be our job to make sure that doesn't happen.

It amazes me that everyone is so convinced that there will be no fence. A bill passed by the U.S. Congress and signed by the President of the United States still means something. Without congressional action, a signed bill doesn't just evaporate into thin air. With that said, I'm not saying there can't be delays or attempts at not following through, but the signed bill gives us an excuse to pressure those responsible for seeing that the fence gets built. Please don't become totally disillusioned by all the nay-sayers and skeptics, at least give it a chance before joining the crowd that doesn't want to see the fence built. Those folks are going to say anything and everything possible to make us think the fence is a waste of time and isn't going to get built. Why encourage and support the anti-fence crowd by agreeing with them? Heck, even if the fence doesn't get built, I sure as heck want them to think it's coming! It's their turn to be scared for a change.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, I sincerely hope that you are right and I am wrong.Sometimes I tend to get a little pessimistic, I am sorry, you are right, we won a round, we should glory in all our victory's.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

How's this miraculous fence going to stop AMNESTY?

This has me completely befuddled. How's this miracle worker going to work when it's built {yup, I have a bridge, etc.} in pieces instead of a continual barrier? {built at the discretion of the pres}

Anyone see the outrageous contract to Boeing {I think it's B} for the surveilance? Lord do I feel better. Millions upon millions for surveilance and we won't have anyone to pick up the law breakers. JOB WELL DONE

Shoot, how's this FENCE going to be built without funding? That's a real glitch as I see it.

Business as usual in the hallowed halls of deception.

Side Note: If the fence is 'built properly & in a timely manner'
    I will apologize wholeheartedly. But..........either way it does NOT prevent AMNESTY for 20 + million ILLEGALS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope they do take it to the U.N. and they impose some tough sanctions like no more Chinese made goods till we repent..

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    MW, I sincerely hope that you are right and I am wrong.Sometimes I tend to get a little pessimistic, I am sorry, you are right, we won a round, we should glory in all our victory's.
    NITTY
    it wasn't a victory..........it was a handout to divert attention. This is what has me so disturbed--they manipulate us with expertise. They know human nature and play on it to the inth degree.

They rightfully calculated that those of us fighting agains this invasion would be so GRATEFUL for the little piece of candy {that has no teeth anyway} that we'd celebrate while they went behind closed doors to plan their GUEST WORKER/PATH TO CITIZENSHIP.

This is serious business now and we can't afford the luxory of being thrown off course for a piece of candy.

my 2 centaros

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

This is serious business now and we can't afford the luxory of being thrown off course for a piece of candy.
    Please give us some credit, no one is being thrown off course. Furthermore, I disagree that 700 miles of fence is a piece of candy. The fence is a step in the right direction. We ALL know it won't resolve the problem completely, but some of us know that our ultimate goal can't be accomplished in one fell-swoop. Anytime we win a victory, no matter how small, we should look at it as a good thing, not figure out how to discredit and tear it apart. Sure, we should remain vigilant and continue scrutinizing every move our lawmakers and president make, but at the same time we should learn to appreciate and accept good things when they do happen. Many anti-illegal immigrant activist, myself included, have demanded enhanced security on the border and a fence. As I stated in another thread, 700 miles of fence will enhance border security in several ways. It will act as a force enhancer, freeing up more boots to patrol the unfenced sectors of the border. Additionally, the fence will act as a funnel, which will serve to direct more illegal traffic to more isolated areas. Once again, the fence does not solve all our problems, but it's a step in the right direction.

Side Note: If the fence is 'built properly & in a timely manner'
    I will apologize wholeheartedly. But..........either way it does NOT prevent AMNESTY for 20 + million ILLEGALS.
    While "no" amnesty is a huge part of our fight, it is not the only battle we must wage.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    I hope they do take it to the U.N. and they impose some tough sanctions like no more Chinese made goods till we repent..
    ANDY!
    That's the best comment of the day!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast