Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Miiler Will Import Latin American Beers

I saw this in todays Miami Herald on the third page of the business section. When I went on their web site, I could not find it.

Miller Brewing Co. plans to import berrs brewed by parent company SABMiller to slake the thirst of expatriates for their homeland beers, the companies announced Monday.
    The Milwaukee-based Miller, America's second largest brewer, will begin importing Aguila, Columbia's leading lager, in January, targeting sales at the estimated 2 million Columbians living in the United States, SABMiller said.
    Miller also plans to bring in two beers from Peru - top local beer Cristal and premium brew Cusquena.
    Distribution will focus on communities with large South American populations in places such as Florida and New York.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SABMiller to roll more imports into U.S. market

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/S ... B243D51%7D

CHICAGO (MarketWatch) - SABMiller said Monday it will roll out a trio of South American beer brands while expanding its distribution of an existing Polish brew, in a move to tap further into one of the few growing categories in the U.S. beer market.
    Starting in January, SABMiller's (UK:SAB: news, chart, profile) U.S. unit will import Colombian lager Aguila and two Peruvian beer brands, Cristal and Cusquena. They will be primarily targeted at South American populations in locales including Florida and New York.
    It will also boost its distribution of Tyskie, Poland's biggest beer, to target the estimated 6 million Polish-Americans living in U.S. cities such as Chicago.
    Miller is looking to expand its import rollout, the company said.
    "While Miller's two import priorities will remain expanding Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Pilsner Urquell distribution, we intend to look at developing further opportunities in the area over time," said Miller Brewing Chief Executive Tom Long, in the announcement.
    The company noted that increasing diversity in U.S., along with retailer interest in imports, has accelerated the fragmentation of the beer market here.
    According to the Beer Institute, imports grew 11.3% between July 2005 and July 2006 while the beer category grew by 7.2% to represent about 12.4% of the total US beer market last year. At the same time, mass-produced domestic beers have withered, losing 1.2% of volume last year - a source of pain to the top and bottom-lines of Miller and rivals including Anheuser-Busch (BUD : Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc.
    News , chart, profile, more
    Last: 46.99-0.09-0.19%

4:15am 10/10/2006

Delayed quote dataAdd to portfolio
    Analyst
    Create alertInsider
    Discuss
    Financials
    Sponsored by:
    BUD46.99, -0.09, -0.2%) and Molson Coors (TAP : molson coors brewing co cl b
    News , chart, profile, more
    Last: 65.40-0.47-0.71%

4:22am 10/10/2006

Delayed quote dataAdd to portfolio
    Analyst
    Create alertInsider
    Discuss
    Financials
    Sponsored by:
    TAP65.40, -0.47, -0.7%) .

I guess they have to since Americans Wont drink thier beer, thanks to our boycott!
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Looks like INVASION Beer is working to compensate for the boycott. We will need to get this on the homepage with a link to the boycott. I will call Jason about getting this into the Miller Boycott site.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

INVASION BEER

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)