Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mitch McConnell: Immigration Will Be Low Priority in GOP Senate

by Caroline May 8 Dec 2014, 8:41 AM PDT

Soon-to-be Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says immigration reform will be a low priority next year in the wake of President Obama’s executive action on immigration.

Speaking to Roll Call, McConnell said that while the current immigration system is “broken,” Obama’s recent executive actions — including offering legal status and work permits to nearly 5 million illegal immigrants — makes the prospect of moving quickly on reform next Congress far-fetched.

“Well I can tell you for sure that what the president did after the election makes it unlikely that it is an early item for this conference. But no one believes the current immigration system is not broken,” McConnell told Roll Call. “At some point, I believe it would be appropriate to do something to secure the border and maybe to address other parts of the legal immigration system as well.”

According to McConnell, although there are issues with the system that need to be dealt with, the Senate likely will leave them alone early on in the Republican-controlled Senate.

“The president has taken it upon himself to deal with the question of the just about 11, so-called 11 million. That’s the most challenging part of this issue,” McConnell asserted, adding:

"So I think the takeaway for your purposes today is it’s in my view not an early item for consideration in the Republican Senate. But that’s not an endorsement of the status quo either. Because, I think, you know, that there is much wrong with the way things are going now on this issue and need to be corrected."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-in-GOP-Senate
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What?!

Wow, is this a rash of nonsensical two-faced Reptilian garbage or not?

This will be a set of stupid mealy mouth statements that will ride with him to his early ouster as Senate Majority Leader.

How any self-respecting member of the US Senate can read this and align themselves with such a leader is beyond me. Remember, members of the majority of the US Senate, when you align yourselves underneath a leader, when they come crashing down, they land on you. There's no magic to it, no finessing it, no wriggling out of it, it's just simple physics, when they crash, you're crushed.

In 2016, the first vote every Republican with 2 live brain cells still connected will be looking at is what Republicans voted to elect McConnell as Senate Majority Leader, and the second vote will be which ones of you voted to oust him. McConnell has decided that he's above the will of the people, that he's insulated from the wrath against his positions, actions and inactions. He may be, due to his age he may not want to run again, but guess who isn't insulated? That's right, you, the younger members of the US Senate.

Remember also that the symbol of our party is the elephant, and a wonderful one it is, because like the elephant, we never forget.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn