Like Tree1Likes

Thread: More than 30 EB-5 projects are being criminally investigated, Green Card Scam

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

More than 30 EB-5 projects are being criminally investigated, Green Card Scam

FBI investigating Col. Timothy Gilbraith in $16 million EB-5 visa Green Card scam

April 13, 2015

Gilbraith was military aide to 3 US presidents.

By Raif Karerat

WASHINGTON, DC: The FBI is investigating a former top military aide to three different U.S. presidents over allegations he and his firm embezzled millions of dollars in a large scale Green Card scam, ABC News learned Monday.

The news outlet reported retired Air Force Col. Timothy Milbrath is embroiled in allegations of touting his White House ties and making promises of quick U.S. Green Cards to raise funds for a massive hotel complex in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Five years, a groundbreaking ceremony, and $16 million dollars worth of investments later, only a vacant lot exists where the hotel is supposed to.

The investigation revolves around a project established under a controversial U.S. immigration program known as EB-5 which allows foreign investors to obtain visas, and eventually Green Cards, if they invest at least $500,000 in projects that will create American jobs.

As ABC News reported earlier this year, an internal government review found that more than 30 EB-5 projects are being criminally investigated, including the one set up by Col. Milbrath and a business partner called Noble Outreach.

In a civil lawsuit, investors allege that much of the $16 million they invested with Noble Outreach ended up going to Col. Milbrath, his partner William “Bart” Hungerford, Jr., and companies they controlled. None of the foreign investors were able to receive Green Cards because of the project’s failure, investors said.

“We were duped,” said Terry Sumpter, a retired British police officer who says he lost the bulk of his savings investing with Noble Outreach. “It’s gut wrenching, it really is.”

He said he and other Noble Outreach investors now live in limbo. If they leave the United States, they have little chance of returning as anything more than a tourist, he said.

“I’m here because I want to be. I’ve done nothing wrong. I’ve only done everything by the book, what has been asked of me, and it seems I’m being punished for that,” he said.

http://www.americanbazaaronline.com/...een-card-scam/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Disgusting. Outrageous. Lock him up and throw away the key. What a disgrace.

We must have at least a 10 Year Moratorium on Immigration. We must. And we must have one now.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If America is for sale, foreigners will buy it - and for pennies on the dollar.

I can understand such a program in developing countries, but in the Uinted States? Yikes.

And since we do not actually need any immigration at all of any type - let's recall that hardly more than half of our own STEM graduates are working in STEM fields - there really is no justification for any permanent immigration at all.

Americans used to do field work, too. President Eisenhower had to warn then-Senator Lyndon Johnson about his buddies in Texas employing illegals. Unfortunately we now have 'Bama & Co. undercutting every American from entry level up to STEM. Yikes.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade