Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

More walk outs plan for today.

I'm new here but I thught I would show this story in the forums.
    This comes from a local all news radio station here in LA

Here is the link.

http://knx1070.com/pages/20341.php?

Does not surprise me.

Hi Sandman:

First, welcome to our group, and am so glad you have decided to join the cause and get involved. Some great people here, and a lot of great information...feel free to invite your friends to join us.

For the rest of us, here is the article so we can discuss it.

Pinto Bean

Posted: Friday, 31 March 2006 5:53AM

More School Walk-Outs Predicted for Today

Steve Marshall Reporting
    KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO

LOS ANGELES, Ca (KNX) -- School officials are bracing for another possible round of student walk-outs and immigration protests today. The walkouts have dwindled in number throughout the week, but Internet chatter indicates that several walk-out efforts are being organized.

Messages posted on MySpace.com and distributed on paper fliers are urging sit-ins and walkouts throughout Southern California.

Los Angeles Police Department Chief Bill Bratton has warned students that those walking out of class will be slapped with truancy citations that could cost them or their parents $250 or more. He urged those wanting to demonstrate to wait and participate in a large rally planned for Saturday.

School authorities say they fear students will be encouraged to leave school in support of immigrants because today is dedicated to the memory of the late farm labor leader, Cesar Chavez.

Middle and high schools in Oceanside and all 30 Vista Unified School District schools will be closed today in response to outbreaks of violence during earlier protests this week against pending immigration legislation.

"We were presented with some fairly significant information that really told us there could be some trouble (today) with the demonstrators in this area,'' interim Vista schools Superintendent Darrel Taylor said.

Elementary schools will remain open, said Laura Chalkley of the Oceanside Unified School District, adding that all schools in the district will re-open on Monday.

© MMVI KNX Radio, All Rights Reserved.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Thanks Pinto for the welcome. I'm just trying to learn a few things. I was born and raised in Ca it just amazes me what is going on. What ever happened to enforcing the LAW. It must be a new concept to everyone.

I read somewhere, but can't find the article anywhere, that Mexico's Fox wants Ca back. I read this a couple of week back. I can't find it now.