Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A mortgage plan tailored for illegals

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=43693

INVASION USA
    A mortgage plan tailored for illegals
    Banks eager to dip into $44 billion housing market
    Posted: April 8, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Mortgage lenders are eager to tap into what they see as a $44 billion marketplace – housing loans for illegal aliens.

Banks across the United States are writing loans based on individual taxpayer identification number, or ITIN. They are easy to get, even if you are ineligible for a Social Security card.

The Internal Revenue Service issues them and expects recipients to file tax returns. The IRS doesn't report illegal aliens to immigration officials.

Mortgage lenders don't care if applicants are legal or illegal. They simply make a business decision in approving or disapproving a loan.

Not everyone approves of the program, however.

"It is a threat to national security and public safety and is morally bankrupt," Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, a Washington-based group that favors tighter immigration controls, told Newhouse News. "It breeds ultimate contempt for laws."

Banks "ought to be part of the solution in ensuring that people who apply for mortgages and conduct other business are here legally," Stein said. "They went down the road of making a fast buck in a way that is frankly, in our view, inconsistent with the spirit of patriotism and federal law."

In addition to accepting ITINs, banks are being flexible when they look at credit reports, since many immigrants don't have a traditional credit history. For instance, say lending sources, the bank may consider rent and utility bill payments, or a history of sending money to family overseas as evidence that a customer is a good risk.

One company, Milwaukee-based Mortgage Guaranty Insurance, now offers private insurance on the loans, which reduces risks for banks and makes the mortgages easier to resell. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. is helping a group of Midwest banks to develop ITIN programs.

Freddie Mac, the Federal Home Loan Mortgage, is studying whether to buy the mortgages from banks.

Without the participation of a major institution like Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae, the Federal National Mortgage Association – which together holds 37 percent of U.S. residential mortgage debt – the spread of ITIN mortgages will be limited. Now, most banks making the loans must hold onto them, rather than selling them for cash that could be used for additional mortgages.

================================================== ==

This is an outrage. When I went through the home buying process very recently my credit was perfect and they still gave me grief for having a car payment left on my credit. It took me weeks to get it straightened out. Yet some invader using false ID can get a mortgage just like that despite having almost no income, no SS number and with their true ID being unknown on top of the fact that they are here illegally? You would think the IRS of all people would crack down, but no they are just as morally bankrupt as the rest of the government is.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This just chaps my cheeks every time I see an "American" Bank doing this. It's all about those deep pockets.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OH (excuse my language) H_ LL NO!

My husband who is from another country immigrating here LEGALLY can't get credit because he does not have a credit history here. Has perfect credit in his country! He has a VALID SS card, drivers license and longevity with his company! He could not even get a SAMS CREDIT CARD!

EVRYONE EXCEPT THE ILLEGALS are being discriminated against!

If I find a bank here that will give credit to an illegal that does not have a valid SS card and credit history I am going to go in and DEMAND the same treatment and if I don't get it, then there is going to be a discrimation suit!!! Maybe we should think about a class action lawsuit!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

ohflyingone

"If I find a bank here that will give credit to an illegal that does not have a valid SS card and credit history I am going to go in and DEMAND the same treatment and if I don't get it, then there is going to be a discrimation suit!!! Maybe we should think about a class action lawsuit"

I would say go for it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    ...if I don't get it, then there is going to be a discrimation suit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    ...think about a class action lawsuit...
    The same principle applies to laws that offer in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens. A day or two ago, I posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom2
    ...Regarding the tuition travesty, we need a class action law suit for discrimination against a whole group of US citizens: everyone who wishes to attend a school but lives outside the state where it's located....
    '58 Airedale