Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Mother seeks $100 million from fed government in son’s death

http://www.altoonamirror.com/News/artic ... cleID=5197

Thursday, September 28, 2006 — Time: 1:32:30 PM EST

Mother seeks $100 million in son’s death

By Phil Ray, pray@altoonamirror.com

HOLLIDAYSBURG — The mother of a man killed in a triple homicide last year plans to sue the federal government for $100 million, court documents state.

Sandra Miller of Altoona is the mother of Stephen Heiss, who died Aug. 28, 2005.

Miguel Padilla was convicted and received death sentences this month for killing Alfred Mignogna, owner of the United Veterans Association building; Fredrick Rickabaugh Sr., UVA doorman; and Heiss, a patron.

The jury wasn’t told that Padilla is an illegal alien.

The civil lawsuit notice, filed by attorney Art Cohen of Hollidaysburg, blames the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for allowing Padilla to remain in the United States.

Padilla, 27, came to America as a young boy with his mother and brothers to escape an alcoholic father.

He graduated from Penn Cambria High School but never became a U.S. citizen.

He was involved in a stabbing incident in which the victim was his then-father-in-law.

ICE never took Padilla into custody or attempted to deport him.

U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster, R-9th District, spoke of the case on the House floor, saying ICE did nothing about Padilla.

Most of the money sought is for punitive damages because the government did not take any action that could have prevented the homicides.

An attorney with ICE declined comment Wednesday. ICE has asked Cohen to provide it with more details concerning the Padilla case.

Mirror Staff Writer Phil Ray is at 946-7468.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Go Sandra Go!!!!
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And there you go! Rock On!!

Now multiply that times 28,000 American Citizens killed by illegal aliens in just the past 3 years and THEN perhaps we'll some ATTENTION!!

28,000 x $100 million EACH = (please hold...my HP won't go that high..be back soon)...$2.8 TRILLION.

And the attorneys should add co-defendants...all who aided, abetted, sanctuaried, harbored, released, advocated, HIRED....YEP....THAT should get EVERYBODY'S ATTENTION.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    This is great news in one respect, but I worry about its potential impact on amnesty. Should a lot of these lawsuits pop-up, wouldn't that give the pro-illegal politicians more fodder in their battle to legalize the 20-30 million illegals currently residing in the United States? The way I see it, you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Don't get me wrong, I do think the lawsuit is the right way to go, but I have to wonder what its long term impact could be on the amnesty debate.

What do you think, am I worried about nothing? I sure hope so.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Mother seeks $100 million from fed government in son’s d

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    http://www.altoonamirror.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=5197

Thursday, September 28, 2006 — Time: 1:32:30 PM EST

Mother seeks $100 million in son’s death

By Phil Ray, pray@altoonamirror.com

HOLLIDAYSBURG — The mother of a man killed in a triple homicide last year plans to sue the federal government for $100 million, court documents state.

Sandra Miller of Altoona is the mother of Stephen Heiss, who died Aug. 28, 2005.

Miguel Padilla was convicted and received death sentences this month for killing Alfred Mignogna, owner of the United Veterans Association building; Fredrick Rickabaugh Sr., UVA doorman; and Heiss, a patron.

The jury wasn’t told that Padilla is an illegal alien.

The civil lawsuit notice, filed by attorney Art Cohen of Hollidaysburg, blames the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for allowing Padilla to remain in the United States.

Padilla, 27, came to America as a young boy with his mother and brothers to escape an alcoholic father.

He graduated from Penn Cambria High School but never became a U.S. citizen.

He was involved in a stabbing incident in which the victim was his then-father-in-law.

ICE never took Padilla into custody or attempted to deport him.

U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster, R-9th District, spoke of the case on the House floor, saying ICE did nothing about Padilla.

Most of the money sought is for punitive damages because the government did not take any action that could have prevented the homicides.

An attorney with ICE declined comment Wednesday. ICE has asked Cohen to provide it with more details concerning the Padilla case.

Mirror Staff Writer Phil Ray is at 946-7468.
    I would think the judge argue this as a public policy issue and refuse to find the government liable because allowing such a verdict would impose a duty that the government go after every single potential illegal immigrant and thus stress our economic resources to capacity and neglect other areas.

IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!

I said to my mom yesterday if anyone in our family was killed by an illegal I would sue the federal government. I hope this goes all the way the supreme court and it should be changed to a class action lawsuit and all victims of illegals should join in.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    This is great news in one respect, but I worry about its potential impact on amnesty. Should a lot of these lawsuits pop-up, wouldn't that give the pro-illegal politicians more fodder in their battle to legalize the 20-30 million illegals currently residing in the United States? The way I see it, you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Don't get me wrong, I do think the lawsuit is the right way to go, but I have to wonder what its long term impact could be on the amnesty debate.

What do you think, am I worried about nothing? I sure hope so.
    The pro illegal politicans already have a million excuses to impose amnesty, what's one more? Time to start up the lawsuits. I hope this woman wins and this starts a chain reaction. Once demon Bush and his cronies start losing money, even he'll take notice.

I would think the judge argue this as a public policy issue and refuse to find the government liable because allowing such a verdict would impose a duty that the government go after every single potential illegal immigrant and thus stress our economic resources to capacity and neglect other areas.
    Then we'll do what the left does. Start judge shopping and get a judge who will vote in our favor. Problem solved. We will use the lefts tactics against them.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.wjactv.com/news/9955831/detail.html

Murder Victim's Family Sues Feds For $100 million

POSTED: 1:24 pm EDT September 28, 2006
    UPDATED: 1:49 pm EDT September 28, 2006

A murder victim's family is suing the federal government for over $100 million in punitive damages.

The family of Stephen Heiss said it is the fault of U.S. officials that their son's murderer was in the country illegally.

Miguel Padilla, found guilty of murdering three, was an illegal immigrant living in the U.S. at the time of the murders.

Padilla murdered Heiss, who was a former corrections officer and Marine, as well as Al Mignogna and Fred Rickabaugh outside of the UVA Club in Altoona.

Heiss' family attorney said he wants people to focus on the issue rather than the money.

The attorney contends that the federal government did not take any action that would have prevented the murders.

Padilla's formal sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 29. A jury did recommend the death sentence.

Stay with Channel 6 News for continuing coverage.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope she wins!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And us 'Internet Conspirators' are always wrong, aren't we? This one needs to expose the rot and the filth within.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast