Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    ""This executive order invites racial profiling by giving an incentive to police to arrest people who look and sound 'foreign.'

Sure it will dear, now go take your meds and crawl back bed. YAWN
    EXCELLENT!

[quote="airdale"]""This executive order invites racial profiling by giving an incentive to police to arrest people who look and sound 'foreign.'

How does anyone look or sound foreign in the good old USA these days.

Maybe they should just ask everyone and keep records of how many blacks, whites, yellows, and browns are pulled over to prove no profiling is present.

The city could develop a "stop" ratio based on each cities population of each race and how many should be pulled over daily, to keep profiling down to a minimum. For example, Out of 100 stops maybe he/she has to pull over 50 whites, 14 blacks, 6 asians, and 30 browns - asking everyone are you a citizen. Si eres un ciudadano de EE.UU.? Que la madre lleva botas militares!

just kidding.

We have black, white and yellow illegals too. So, it has got to be fair.
    I say equal for all, ask everyone.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod
    HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!!

Governor Susana Martinez is nothing less than a hero in my book!

What a terrific lady to have on our side.
    This is common sense at its best and it is something that Obama and others that think like him are lacking. I'm hoping with the dems out of control here in N.C., we will see a turn around in the number of illegals coming here. I can't believe how some people will sell out their own country for the sake of special interest and "ILLEGAL ALIENS". THE UNEMPLOYED IN THIS STATE AND THIS COUNTRY MEANS NOTHING TO THESE PEOPLE AND NEITHER DOES THE HOMELESS AND THE HUNGRY FOR THAT MATTER.

Quote Originally Posted by airdale
    ""This executive order invites racial profiling by giving an incentive to police to arrest people who look and sound 'foreign.'

How does anyone look or sound foreign in the good old USA these days.

Maybe they should just ask everyone and keep records of how many blacks, whites, yellows, and browns are pulled over to prove no profiling is present.

The city could develop a "stop" ratio based on each cities population of each race and how many should be pulled over daily, to keep profiling down to a minimum. For example, Out of 100 stops maybe he/she has to pull over 50 whites, 14 blacks, 6 asians, and 30 browns - asking everyone are you a citizen. Si eres un ciudadano de EE.UU.? Que la madre lleva botas militares!

just kidding.

We have black, white and yellow illegals too. So, it has got to be fair.
    I say equal for all, ask everyone.

Regards.
    Yes we do have illegals of other colors and from other countries, but the only ones who are doing all of the demanding, marching and playing the race card are those from where else, "MEXICO." these people are the ones who are here to take over this country and thats obvious they make me sick and I wish they would just go the H**L back to their CESSPOOL KNOWN AS MEXICO. BTW, this issue is in no way about race, its all about them being in the country illegally.

Re: N.M.: Martinez orders police to ask about immigration

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Martinez orders police to ask about immigration

"This executive order invites racial profiling by giving an incentive to police to arrest people who look and sound 'foreign.'
    How's that racial profiling if the immigration status is checked AFTER the person committed a crime?

Great job Governor.

Should we call it the Great State of NEW New Mexico!!!

Yes, I agree it is about being in country illegally. I welcome those who come to this county legally. I also hate the system and have a vested interest. My son is in Florida for the winter living in the national forest because he can not find a job. He will not accept help from us anymore - too stubborn like his old man - me. He is educated and has a computer science degree but just has had no job hits and decided to give up his apartment here in Minnesota rather than go into debt. He lived with us for a while but decided to move south for the winter to look for work and to live expense free by camping in national forests.

He is having problems with the "rainbow people" in the forest and hopes to at least get a temporary job as a day laborer for the remainder of the winter. I worry every night he will get mugged sleeping in the forest. He will not pay for a safer camp site. He tried sleeping in the car for safety in the national forest but the police came along and said it is against the law so he is back in the tent 25 feet away from the car using bear spray and a big knife for protection. He said he is tired from being on "high alert" all of the time because of the risk of getting mugged.

So illegals are on my (**&(* list as my son would work any job at this point but can not compete with the illegals for temp jobs. He is one of the hardest workers I know and a great kid, never getting into trouble. I am 60 years old and never dreamed this would occur to one of my kids. Not the USA I knew growing up.

I know there are others living as best they can and it pisses me off that we can send $1.5 Billion in aid to countries like Egypt but can not help our own who are jobless at no fault of their own.

Sucks.

You think the hispanic's who voted for her and were cheering her election,
    are feeling the love now? "Let's see!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Susana MartĂ*nez Tells Police to Check Immigration Status in New Mexico

Published February 01, 2011

New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez is ordering police to check immigration documents and she wants the state to stop allowing illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses.

The Republican, who made headlines after the November elections when she became the nation’s first Latina governor, said she was eliminating an executive order by former Gov. Bill Richardson, a Democrat, that prohibited law enforcement officials from asking people about immigration status.

"This order takes the handcuffs off of New Mexico's law enforcement officers in their mission to keep our communities safe," MartĂ*nez said in a statement. "The criminal justice system should have the authority to determine the immigration status of all criminals, regardless of race or ethnicity, and report illegal immigrants who commit crimes to federal authorities."

However, MartĂ*nez said law enforcement working for state agencies will continue to be barred from asking about the immigration status of someone who is a crime victim, a witness to a crime or seeking police assistance. Richardson had ordered that in 2005.

MartĂ*nez’s order coincided with a bill introduced Monday that says that undocumented immigrants no longer could obtain New Mexico driver's licenses that serve as government identification, but they could still drive legally under a compromise bill introduced today.

Rep. Bill Rehm, R-Albuquerque, proposed revoking the licenses of foreign nationals, then requiring them to obtain a one-year permit that would be good for driving only.

Rehm, a retired sheriff's deputy, said he wanted a stricter measure that would deny undocumented immigrants any driving permit or license.

"That wouldn't make it through this Legislature," he said in an interview.

Martinez, a career prosecutor before being elected in November, has called on the Legislature to repeal the 2003 law in which people can obtain New Mexico licenses without providing proof of immigration status. Rehm's proposal HB 261, does not go as far as she wanted.

As for the governor’s executive order regarding police checking immigration documents, Scott Darnell, a spokesman for MartĂ*nez, said state police will not ask about immigration status of motorists stopped for traffic violations such as speeding. The administration's policy applies only when someone is arrested for a crime, he said.

MartĂ*nez's policy drew criticism from a civil rights group.

"This executive order invites racial profiling by giving an incentive to police to arrest people who look and sound 'foreign.' New Mexicans should not have to fear that a broken taillight or other pretextual stop will lead to their arrest because of the color of their skin," said Peter Simonson, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union in New Mexico.

Before her election as governor, Martinez was district attorney in Dona Ana County in southern New Mexico.

During last year's gubernatorial campaign, MartĂ*nez criticized Richardson for having a "sanctuary" policy on illegal immigration.

New Mexico legislators who pushed for allowing undocumented immigrants to obtain licenses said this would increase the number of drivers with auto insurance. Rehm said his plan for permits would still enable undocumented immigrants to buy insurance.

Eleven states once had laws allowing undocumented immigrants to receive driver's licenses. All but three have repealed those laws.

Utah issues permits for driving only. New Mexico and Washington state issue driver's licenses that also can be used as government identification, the type needed to board an airplane or enter a federal courthouse.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politi ... z1Cl88c021
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How is it inviting racial profiling by arresting anyone who looks or sounds foreign? Why would a foreigner be arrested as they should have papers on them by federal law right? And well since illegal aliens are well... foreign, they are the only ones who should fear such a thing and would be the only ones arrested as they won't have any documents.

Should be be looking for those who look, sound, and act like Americans? Wouldn't that basically defeat the purpose?

Their stupidity amazes me. I never will understand how these nutcases ever think their actions are good for anyone including the illegals themselves.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast