Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

National City (San Diego) to Become Sanctuary City

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kp...ICLE_ID=965388

National City's Mayor offers sanctuary for immigrants

Amy Isackson

KPBS SAN DIEGO (2006-09-0

The Mayor of National City says he will declare his city a sanctuary for immigrants. Mayor Nick Inzunza says he plans to make the announcement at the end of the month. KPBS Reporter Amy Isackson has the story.

Inzunza says the declaration will make it clear that National City law enforcement authorities, government and citizens will not have to enforce federal immigration laws.

Inzunza says five years ago, declaring such a thing would have sounded ridiculous.

Inzunza: "But in light of what other municipalities are doing in the country and the state and here in San Diego County, we have to we have to ensure people that sort of activity will not be tolerated by our local government in National City.

At least thirty municipalities across the country are considering legislation to crackdown on illegal immigrants. In San Diego County, Escondido may fine landlords who rent to illegal immigrants. And Vista's City Council passed new rules that regulate day laborers in the city. Amy Isackson, KPBS news.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

to ensure people that sort of activity will not be tolerated by our local government in National City.
    I guess he could not bring himself to say, "we won't tolerate enforcement of laws in our city. We intend to be a lawless town." You, my sir, are a stupid, arrogant, anti-American, card-carrying idiot!

Isn't it defiant for a mayor of a city to declare such a thing?
    National City is obviously mostly Hispanic so whatever. We'll just see what happens. I'm going to send this article to my rep even though he isn't that district because he is on the right side of this issue.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wont be visiting San Diego ever again!