Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

National Guard Troops Heading To U.S. - Mexico Border

National Guard Troops Heading To U.S. - Mexico Border
    Reporter: Jeff Allen

May 4, 2007
    Dozens of National Guard troops across Eastern Kentucky are getting ready tonight for another mission this time, a little closer to home. They're not heading overseas but to the U.S. border to keep track of who's coming into the country.

First Lieutenant Christopher Jackson and several others with the Mountain Warriors made it back safe to Eastern Kentucky from Iraq last June. Now over one hundred soldiers are getting ready for another mission, to guard the U.S./Mexico border.

"We'll be the eyes and ears for the I.C.E. We can identify illegal immigrants as they cross," Jackson said.

The soldiers will set up post near Yuma Arizona for three weeks of what would usually be standard training duty.

"Go out and do the same kind of things we'd be doing for training, but this is for real," Jackson said.

Six thousand National Guard troops throughout the U.S. have been mobilized to keep watch at the nation's borders while the U.S. government continues an ongoing debate over immigration control and how to deal with illegal immigrants. Lt. Jackson says the Mountain Warrior's mission is clear.

"You've got to be able to know who's coming in and who's coming out. As far as the immigration issue, I don't have a call on that. Just to make sure our borders are safe is all I'm concerned about," Jackson said.

"I think they need to protect the borders. I think that's what we needed to begin with, but I hope they stay safe. I love them all and I'll be praying for them," said Jessica Christopher.

Soldiers from across Eastern Kentucky, many from Middlesboro, Harlan, and Barbourville make up the over one hundred troops heading to the border.

The soldiers heading to border patrol leave from the National Guard Armory in Middlesboro about nine Saturday morning. We'll have a crew there and we'll bring you coverage of their departure Saturday night on Mountain News Weekend Edition.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/7342196.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Dont get me wrong I love this and think its way way to far behind and should have been done for the last few .... say 20 years but.... only Dozens ???

About 10,000 and armed to the teeth is what's needed to halt the invasion of our country.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

wouldnt it be cheaper

"We'll be the eyes and ears for the I.C.E. We can identify illegal immigrants as they cross," Jackson said.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to stop them from coming int he first place, keep them out of the courts, jails, hospitals, etc.?

Why aren't the Guard standing right on the border (mod edit)

Banned

Re: wouldnt it be cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi

Wouldn't it be cheaper to stop them from coming int he first place, keep them out of the courts, jails, hospitals, etc.?

Why aren't the Guard standing right on the border (mod edit)

It would be many times cheaper... gee wonder why our president cant think of things like that
    i know hes got the emails

ummm wait, maybe that was in the one he lost....

It only makes sence to do a job once, but for some reason this boarder job cant be done even a half of one time.

My husband's group is going this summer. The 201st.

They will be building fences, as they did last year.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    My husband's group is going this summer. The 201st.

They will be building fences, as they did last year.
    Moose- Are you allowed to share what their SOP is if they encounter illegal crossers?
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

We MUST secure our borders IMMEDIATELY!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)