Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nebraska votes to offer prenatal care to illegal immigrants

Nebraska votes to offer prenatal care to illegal immigrants

OMAHA, Neb | Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:23am EDT

(Reuters) - The Nebraska legislature voted on Wednesday to provide prenatal care to illegal immigrants under a government program for the poor, overriding Governor Dave Heineman's veto of the proposal.

Heineman, a Republican, had vetoed the measure last week, saying he opposed providing taxpayer benefits to illegal immigrants.

About 1,600 low-income women were affected when Nebraska eliminated the program in 2010. About half were illegal immigrants and others were women who lost benefits for failing to comply with all requirements. Coverage was later restored for legal residents and others who do not qualify for Medicaid, the government program providing health care to the poor.

(Editing By Mary Wisniewski and Greg Mccune)

source:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/19/us-immigration-nebraska-idUSBRE83I0GS20120419?feedType=RSS&feedName=domest icNews
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

working4change

Posted: Thu 3:29 PM, Apr 19, 2012
    Bill Steckis
    1011now.com

Governor Heineman Wraps up Legislature

As the legislature closed on Wednesday, Governor Dave Heineman was not open to speaking on the session. Instead he released a brief statement saying , "I strongly disagree with the decisions. Providing preferential treatment to illegals while increasing taxes on legal Nebraska citizens is misguided, misplaced, and inappropriate." On Thursday he furthered his position. "Let's just take the taxpayer funds that are going to go to illegals. That's money that will not go for the education of these kids. that's money that is not going to go to state aid to education next year. It will be over a million dollars in the next two year budget and that will grow every year thereafter." Heineman went on to say. "I appreciate the work on child welfare. I appreciate the fact that we passed a modest but impressive tax relief package. We passed a series of economic incentives but it ended on a note that was inappropriate for the state that we are going to give taxpayer funded benefits to illegals and legal Nebraska citizens are likely to get a tax increase."

Now that the legislature is complete the Governor says overall he's happy with the way things went despite what some people are calling the showdown between the Governor and the legislature. "Look at the number of bills that were passed. I signed 96 percent of them into law. I think I vetoed 10 bills. I might have over ridden four. That's part of the process."

As the process continues for the next legislative session, the Governor said he is looking forward to working with the returning legoslators and the new ones.

Governor Heineman Wraps up Legislature
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The number was 1,162 women who were affected by this, and 1,100 of them were "undocumented". This is going to hurt some Republican state senators down the road. Unfortunately, it has also driven a wedge between conservatives in the state, as they either come down as "pro-life" or anti-illegal immigration...and pro-life groups are fanning the flames. The liberals in Nebraska are loving this...Nebraska is now a sanctuary state, and the Repubs are bashing each other.

We are getting quite a bit of search traffic from people seeking info on vote nebraska legislature prenatal omaha

Let us make it clear that ALIPAC opposes any non emergency taxpayer funded medical care for illegal except for vaccines we need to decrease the number of Americans infected by their diseases from 3rd world medical environments.

Nebraska needs to join with other states to turn off incentives for illegal immigrants.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)