Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Neil Cavuto Doesn’t Want The Term ‘Illegal Alien’ Replaced With Something Less Offens

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Neil Cavuto Doesn’t Want The Term ‘Illegal Alien’ Replaced With Something Less Offens

Neil Cavuto Doesn’t Want The Term ‘Illegal Alien’ Replaced With Something Less Offensive

Posted by Brian on October 24, 2015

Fox’s Neil Cavuto ridiculed a plan to get rid of the term “illegal alien” as some kind of political correctness run amok. But he also seemed to think that people in this country illegally deserved the contempt.

brian.comCavuto opened with this introduction:

NEIL CAVUTO: All right, if you’re all in agreement now with me saying I don’t like the word “fat” get rid of it—because I’m very sensitive. Now, we have another thing with all these illegal aliens but there’s a congressman out there, and he’s a wonderful human being, but do not get me wrong, Joaquin Castro [from] the state of Texas, he’s a rising star, wants to get rid of the whole “alien” thing, too. He wants to replace the name “alien” with “foreign national,” “illegal alien” with “undocumented foreign national.” He’s even got a measure to make it happen. The “Correcting Hurtful and Alienating Names in Government Expression.”

Guest Nomiki Konst (one of our favorites) did a great job arguing the other side. She said the term “alien” “offends” and is “dehumanizing.”

But Cavuto replied, “You know what’s dehumanizing? …All these people being here illegally.”

This was made more explicit in the debate:

KONST: But they’re not all illegal. A lot of these people are just foreigners that we call aliens...

CAVUTO: ...An illegal alien is an undocumented foreign national. They’re illegal right?...

KONST: But they’re still humans. …One third of our workforce are foreigners. One third of the entrepreneurs in our country are documented and undocumented foreigners. ...Paying taxes into our system.

CAVUTO: ...We’re getting all worked up about not offending them when I’m offended by all the money we are spending not to offend them.

KONST: They’re contributing to our economy.

CAVUTO: But you don’t know that.

KONST: Yes they are. They’re part of our community.

CAVUTO: Alright, so you’re going to get all hot and bothered over the term alien and not so much over the fact that we have an immigration and illegal immigration problem that is bursting out of control.

In 2013, the Center for American Progress produced a lengthy explanation as to how immigrants are “makers” and not “takers”:

Mainstream economists have thoroughly debunked this general stereotype of immigrants as takers, finding that immigrants are a net positive for the economy and pay more into the system than they take out. In fact, immigrants’ contributions have also played a key role in prolonging the solvency of the Social Security Trust Fund. And the truth is that the cost-benefit analyses that immigration restrictionists have used to make their wild cost projections simply are not well-rounded or accurate.

Watch Konst make a lot of these points below, from the October 23 Your World, but don’t expect any Fox News segment highlighting these facts any time soon.

http://www.newshounds.us/neil_cavuto...fensive_102315
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

For anyone who believes that illegal aliens are contributing more to our national wealth than they are taking out, I have some really great lakefront property in Arizona I want to sell them.

See Immigration Counters.com for specifics on the huge cost we are paying for illegal aliens squatters.

MW
    Givers, takers, or something in-between, why the heck does that matter? Fact is they came here illegally and work here illegally. To survive here many of them have forged documents, fake social security numbers, drive illegally, etc. The key thing these illegal alien supporters forget is this country was built on the rule of law. Without the rule of law and enforcement of said laws, our country will descend into anarchy! Well, to me it seems our so-called rule of law is getting weaker and those folks trusted with the enforcement of our laws are picking and choosing which laws they will enforce. This is a trend that needs to be reversed!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Neil Cavuto Doesn’t Want The Term ‘Illegal Alien’ Replaced With Something Less Offensive

NEIL CAVUTO: All right, if you’re all in agreement now with me saying I don’t like the word “fat” get rid of it—because I’m very sensitive. Now, we have another thing with all these illegal aliens but there’s a congressman out there, and he’s a wonderful human being, but do not get me wrong, Joaquin Castro [from] the state of Texas, he’s a rising star, wants to get rid of the whole “alien” thing, too. He wants to replace the name “alien” with “foreign national,” “illegal alien” with “undocumented foreign national.” He’s even got a measure to make it happen. The “Correcting Hurtful and Alienating Names in Government Expression.”

Guest Nomiki Konst (one of our favorites) did a great job arguing the other side. She said the term “alien” “offends” and is “dehumanizing.”
    Kudos to Cavuto's quick wit! I love the comparison to people who are fat being offended by being called fat!

Often it's not the actual word or words that are offensive. It's the tone of disgust the words are delivered with.
    We are surely repeating history here. Let's consider how at one time N166er was a household word. That became upsetting
    and was replaced with colored. That became upsetting and black took its place. Black isn't really acceptable either, so African-American prevailed. And I'm hearing rumors that they don't like that either.

The point is that eventually the term foreign national or undocumented foreign national will not appease the illegal aliens.
    And the truth is that when someone can hear the words you're NOT saying, any term will sound offensive.

ie: "Hey you stupid foreign national, quit driving 10 MPH under the speed limit! Come on, let's go!"
    "Oh my God! These foreign nationals are disgusting! Look at how they throw used toilet paper on the floor and in the and in the trashcan!"
    "There goes my property value. Those damn foreign nationals are painting their house like a freakin' Easter egg and leave trash and broke down cars all over their property!"
    "My Social Security number was stole by Jose? Those damn foreign nationals just have to go."
    "Yep, I had to pull my kid out of public school. There's so many foreign nationals they pick on my son and harass him for speaking English."

So as long as "they" keep acting less human, then they will be dehumanized no matter what politically correct statement we are expected to comply with.

-Stop the invasion with mass deportation...of foreign nationals!
    (see, still sounds offensive)
    Last edited by Goldendaze; 10-25-2015 at 05:14 AM.