by JOHN BINDER
22 Aug 2017
Westchester, NY

A local politician from Ossining, New York, is now equating opposition to illegal immigration to Nazism.

Catherine Borgia (D) who serves as the majority leader for the Westchester County Board of Legislators compared being against illegal immigration to the U.S. to being a Nazi in a private email obtained by the New York Post.

In the email, Borgia blasts Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino (R) of acting like a member of the Third Reich for simply vetoing a local bill that would have protected illegal aliens from deportation by federal immigration officials.

“It’s the classic `Big Lie’ technique. All clever Nazis used it,” Borgia reportedly said in the email, dated August 16.

The ‘Big Lie’ Borgia refers to is Astorino’s assertion that the bill would have made Westchester County in New York a sanctuary jurisdiction for illegal aliens by banning local law enforcement from being able to communicate with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency.

In statements to the New York Post, Astorino said the sanctuary county bill “endangers public safety, violates federal law, infringes upon long-established principles of law enforcement cooperation and jeopardizes millions in federal public safety grants.”

“If you end up in jail for committing a crime, and you’re not here legally, we’re not providing a sanctuary for you,” Astorino continued.

Borgia, though, after being contacted by the Post about her calling illegal immigration opponents Nazis, doubled-down on the accusation.

“Perhaps I should have been more clear: the ‘big lie’ was a classic propaganda technique used very successfully by the Nazis,” Borgia said. “This is in no way a sanctuary county bill, as it fully complies with federal law. You can call something by the wrong name again and again and again but that does not make it more accurate. My dog is not a cat, even if I feed him catnip and call him `kitty’ every day for 10 years.”

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has promised to strip funds from sanctuary jurisdictions that shield illegal aliens from federal immigration law. Most recently, Sessions banned sanctuary cities from being able to participate in a police assistance program by the Department of Justice (DOJ), Breitbart Texas reported.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/...cities-nazism/