Newton Mayor Receives Endorsement from Caucus Leader
Marvin L. Venay announced his endorsement for Setti Warren today.

By Melanie Graham
newton.patch.com
August 22, 2011

Mayor Setti Warren's Senate campaign announced today Warren has received the formal endorsement from Marvin L. Venay, executive director of the Massachusetts Black and Latino Legislative Caucus.

"Setti Warren encompasses the essence of sound, effective and inspirational leadership," Venay said in a statement released by Warren's campaign. "His resume exemplifies talent with results for the people of the Commonwealth. His resume articulates someone who listens, understands and addresses the concerns of constituents in substantive language. I believe Setti Warren is the candidate that resonates with all parties, all communities and all faiths. I endorse the candidacy of Setti Warren for U.S. Senate for the people of Massachusetts."

The campaign clarified this is a personal endorsement from Venay and not an endorsement from the caucus.

"I’m extremely grateful to have the support of Marvin, and so many others in Massachusetts’ Black and Latino community," Warren said in a statement. "From job creation, to affordable housing, to immigration reform; it is critical that we have a United States Senator who understands the specific challenges and issues facing Black and Latino communities throughout our state."

Warren is scheduled to speak at an event tomorrow night -- Young Professionals for Setti Warren -- hosted by Venay. The event will be held at the Red Fez Restaurant on Washington Street in Boston.

http://newton.patch.com/articles/newton ... cus-leader