Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

North New Jersey Prefers Get-Tough Approach

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qst ... FlZUVFeXky -

More of you prefer get-tough approach

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

By ELIZABETH LLORENTE
    STAFF WRITER

More North Jersey residents favor a tough approach toward illegal immigration than two years ago, a Record poll shows.

Asked if they felt that the United States should tighten its borders and crack down on illegal immigrants living here, maintain the status quo, or make it easier for the foreign-born to work in the United States, 58 percent said they favored the toughest option. That is a 7-percentage-point rise from the 51 percent who favored more border enforcement and other aggressive measures two years ago.

Fewer people favored relaxing laws to allow more foreigners to come here to work. The poll shows 13 percent believe the United States should give foreign-born people more opportunities to work in this country; in 2005, 21 percent had said they favored making it easier to work here.

"There's a perception that there's an effect on the job market, that illegal immigrants are costing potential jobs and are a drain on state services," said Del Ali, president of Research 2000, based in Maryland. "If the issue continues without the issue being dealt with, support for border enforcement increases and letting people in to work decreases."

Though in many ways they have become part and parcel of North Jersey, illegal immigrants have caused tension in some towns. New Jersey residents favoring strict immigration policies have protested in Bergenfield every Saturday morning, close to the site where day laborers gather waiting for contractors to pick them up for work.

Illegals have supporters in North Jersey: residents, clergy, police officers and some town officials who say the immigrants work jobs that Americans no longer want, and that they account for a very small number of crimes compared with the general population.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CC

It looks like NJ is finally beginning to wake up, eh?

Are you far from Bergenfield?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm south of Bergenfield, but I can definately understand their anger!

I think everyone is watching Lou Dobbs and getting an education on this invasion.

It's definately about time. I know I wrote a blasting letter to all our Reps. and Gov. Corzine about the FAIR report on how much illegal cost us here in NJ. How Can Corzine contemplate selling the Turnpike and Parkway when we are spending 2.1 billion of 375,000 illegals!! I also sent a letters to the Star Ledger and Asbury Park Press, but so far they have not printed my letter.

I told them 60,000 residents left last year and the trend will continue if they don't reduce property taxes. They'll turn us into a welfare state if all the illegals come here and we continue to leave the state.

Had to vent! I'm sure you know were I'm coming from Sis.

Sure do, CC........love it! Vent away.

You know, there's a few more of us from NJ on Alipac. Bergenfield is probably in the center of us.

We might think about participating in the Bergenfield protest one Saturday. They meet early. It would be nice to get to meet each other AND do something productive while meeting some of the Jersey activists.

Hi again Sis:

Here's a great Youtube video from a recent Bergenfield Protest. The organization American Patriots of America is an organization in New Jersey against illegal immigration. I get emails and they have protests all over NJ from what I can see from the emails I receive. It would be great to go. Bergenfield is a hike so it would be easier to go to one in South Jersey. I have to check their website and see what's on their list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMqastFZKlk -

OTHER INFORMATION FROM UNITED PATRIOTS OF AMERICA

Saturday Morning Project
    Hardcore Patriots on the line again this past Saturday in below freezing weather; continue to deliver their message to the police, local citizens, illegal aliens and those who come to hire illegal aliens that they will stand firm to uphold the rule of law and the sovereignty of our nation.

Scorecard
    Patriots - 10
    Illegals - 45
    Counter Protesters - 0
    Police - multiple patrol cars
    Weather - Extemely cold.
    Comment - There have been no counter protesters.
    Go to UPA-Bergen County website it has been updated.

Pictures of Employers picking up illegals.
    http://www.upa-bergen.com/bergenrogues_y.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Border News
    All Patriots should take their vacation on the border.

Living in the path of the invasion one cannot escape this nightmare in our own backyard.
    www.desertvisions.us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I
    can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will
    not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do,
    I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God,
    I will do." ~ Edward Everett Hale

Ron Bass
    UNITED PATRIOTS OF AMERICA
    PO Box 1038
    Linden NJ 07036
    http://www.UnitedPatriotsOfAmerica.com
    E-mail - info@UnitedPatriotsOfAmerica.com
    Tel: 800-913-9976
    Tel: 908-289-1141

It's a hike for me too, CC......1 1/2 hr at least but I'm game.
    2 to 2 1/2 for me to get to S. Jersey.

Especially since the ILLEGAL supporters outnumbered them! I'll take a day to give to these patriots. NJ doesn't have any to spare and they need support.

Also, if we support them they will surely support us if we need them in our areas.

I'm only a couple of towns North of Bergenfield. As matter of fact I bought my car a t Fisher Chevy. I haven't been able to make it to a protest yet but I'm sure planning on it.

And I'm sure glad to see Jersey starting to wake up. I just hope its not too late. When I look around we seem to be out numbered!

CLIFF
    glad to meet a fellow New Jersian! We're growing, Cliff.

Perhaps we can all help out our friend in the Bergen area.
    The more the merrier.

Hi sis
    I am going to do my best to make down to Bergenfield one of these Saturdays. Weekends are kind of hecktic for me but I will make it.

Glad to meet some other Jersian's who are on my side. All is not lost. Maybe I'll see you in Bergenfield one day.