Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Obama pledges to keep welcoming immigrants in Ramadan statement

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Post Obama pledges to keep welcoming immigrants in Ramadan statement

June 05, 2016, 07:02 pm
    Obama pledges to keep welcoming immigrants in Ramadan statement

By Cyra Master

In a statement released Sunday evening to mark the start of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, President Obama pledged his commitment to “safeguarding the civil rights of all Americans no matter their religion or appearance.”

Without mentioning presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump by name, Obama highlighted America’s “Muslim communities [that are] as diverse as our nation itself.”“I stand firmly with Muslim American communities in rejection of the voices that seek to divide us or limit our religious freedoms or civil rights. I stand committed to I stand in celebration of our common humanity and dedication to peace and justice for all,” Obama said.

Trump has proposed banning Muslims from entering America and he again raised eyebrows Sunday when he said it’s “absolutely" possible he’d be treated unfairly by a Muslim judge.

During an appearance on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” Trump said U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel’s has treated him in a “hostile manner” and pointed to the judge’s Mexican heritage.

When asked if he feels that he’d be treated unfairly by a Muslim judge because of his call to temporarily ban Muslim from entering the United States, Trump said, “It’s possible.”

“That would be possible, absolutely,” he said.

In his Ramadan statement, Obama noted that “millions of lives that have been displaced by conflict and struggle, across the world and in our own backyards” and said America “must continue working together to alleviate the suffering of these individuals.

“This sacred time reminds us of our common obligations to uphold the dignity of every human being. We will continue to welcome immigrants and refugees into our nation, including those who are Muslim.”

Obama pledges to keep welcoming immigrants in Ramadan statement | TheHill

Obama why don't you go now I don't know how you became Our our leader at all
    your bad new to our country you have our country one hell of a mess& you & your wife smile
    all the time . you both walk around with chip on your shoulder & you have our country by the ball . you say to your self I can do what I want . you & michelle you both are bad new to our country ,
    ( I hope & pray that trump get to be our leader ) as for Hillary she should be in jail
    by now