Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obama to push immigration reform 'day after' budget deal

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama to push immigration reform 'day after' budget deal

Obama to push immigration reform 'day after' budget deal

By Justin Sink -
    10/15/13

President Obama vowed Tuesday that he would pursue an immigration reform vote in the House the "day after" Congress reached an agreement to reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling.

"Once that’s done, you know, the day after -- I’m going to be pushing to say, call a vote on immigration reform," Obama told Univision's Los Angeles affiliate. "And if I have to join with other advocates and continue to speak out on that, and keep pushing, I’m going to do so because I think it’s really important for the country. And now is the time to do it."The president reiterated his claim that the only thing holding back passage of the Senate's immigration bill is "Speaker Boehner not willing to call the bill on the floor of the House of Representatives."

Earlier this month, House Democrats introduced their own version of an immigration bill in an attempt to spur Republican action after it appeared that momentum had stalled for immigration reform. The bill largely mirrors the Senate effort, while stripping out some border security provisions added to win Senate GOP votes.

At the time, House Judiciary Committee chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) told USA Today the measure was "basically the Senate bill."
    "I strongly oppose the Senate bill," he said.

Republican leaders have instead favored a piecemeal approach to reform, saying that big legislation would be too unwieldy to implement.

But Democrats believe that Republicans simply hope to vote for beefed up border security and employment verification measures without also providing a pathway to citizenship for the nation's undocumented workers.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...t-deal-reached

Well, of course he's going to advocate this, put the final nail in the coffin of the Rep party and 'fundamentally change' our country. Bush once said 'I'll see you at the bill signing'....never happened. And this president can't be trusted to follow laws, he picks and choses those he wants.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think the political theater we are watching is currently scripted to play out like this....

1. Budget impass and risk of default used to pound true American conservatives and brand them as hijackers, terrorists, kidnappers, criminals as we are currently hearing in the rhetoric being thrown at the non Boehner responses members of Congress by Obama, media, and RINO's like McCain.

2. Eventually the House breaks and Boehner pulls enough Republicans to vote with Democrats to resolve the budget crisis and debt ceiling limit.

3. This is proclaimed as a new paradigm in Washington where Democrats and Republicans work together to solve the most crucial problems of the day.

4. That 'unity' is then used to pass amnesty for illegal aliens with Beohner and a few dozen Republicans voting with most Democrats to send amnesty to Obama's desk.

The only thing that can stop this plan is for the Republicans in the US House to feel supported enough to stand up against both Boehner and Obama on immigration and all issues.

To feel supported they need calls, letters, emails, faxes, donations, and to see groups like ALIPAC well organized and funded.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn