Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 'Operation Wetback' deported 1 million illegals with only 750 agents

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'Operation Wetback' deported 1 million illegals with only 750 agents

September 18, 2015
    By Ed Straker

Jeb Bush says it will cost "hundreds of billions of dollars" to deport illegal aliens. President Eisenhower, however, deported a million alone in the space of a year, and with only 750 deportation agents, in an operation with a name we would never use today: Operation Wetback.

Some 750 agents swept northward through agricultural areas with a goal of 1,000 apprehensions a day. By the end of July, over 50,000 aliens were caught... Another 488,000, fearing arrest, had fled the country. By September, 80,000 had been taken into custody in Texas, and an estimated 500,000 to 700,000 illegals had left the Lone Star State voluntarily.

Unlike today, Mexicans caught in the roundup were not simply released at the border, where they could easily reenter the US. To discourage their return, Swing arranged for buses and trains to take many aliens deep within Mexico before being set free.

Tens of thousands more were put aboard two hired ships, the Emancipation and the Mercurio. The ships ferried the aliens from Port Isabel, Texas, to Vera Cruz, Mexico, more than 500 miles south.

The sea voyage was "a rough trip, and they did not like it," says Don Coppock, who worked his way up from Border Patrolman in 1941 to eventually head the Border Patrol from 1960 to 1973.

Wikipedia says over 1,000,000 were detained and deported. If only 750 agents were able to get rid of a million or more illegals (either by direct arrest or by self-deportation), by the same logic, 7,500 agents should be able to get rid of 10 million illegals. Seventy-five hundred agents won't cost "hundreds of billions of dollars." I'd be surprised if the entire operation cost more than a billion dollars, counting costs of detention and transportation.

But Jeb says it will cost hundreds of billions. He just doesn't want to try. Neither does any of the politicians. But in reality, it would be quite easy to do, and cheap. I am distressed that in a race full of so-called conservatives, only Donald Trump is calling for deportation of illegals, and he is the only one who emphasizes, truthfully, how easy it is to do, especially if E-Verify is mandatory and welfare benefits are cut off. I wish the other "real" conservatives would stand up and do the same.

The only change I would make is the name of the operation. I do not like "Wetback." I do like "Operation Reciprocated Love."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...50_agents.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I posted the narration below in response to the thread concerning "Ben Carson...illegals should be given a path to amnesty".
    I am integrating this content into this thread for those who have not visited the Ben Carson conversation. I believe most of the language below is applicable for readers of this discussion.

"In a thread below [from the Ben Carson forum], Marleen Cameron Bolster "guesses" she'll vote Trump. Then she goes on to say, "I wish we had a clear candidate like Reagan". What? Does she know her history at all? In 1986 Reagan signed into law the Immigration Reform and Control Act which "naturalized" 4 million illegals that had resided in the USA since before 1982. This action by Reagan began the open invitation to invade our lands. If one would like to endorse a candidate from our country's past, support the ideology of Dwight D. Eisenhower! In 1954 he implemented an order to forcefully remove illegal aliens. Using 750 agents, 300 terrain vehicles and 7 airplanes, 1,078,168 illegals were removed from our soil. Two concerns motivated this action. Number one, the Korean war had just ended in 1953. Eisenhower felt that the troops returning home earned jobs in the homeland. Jobs being filled by illegals. Guess what. It worked. Americans filled those jobs and were not unemployed as 93 million US Citizens are today! Number two, the Mexican government actually requested for their workers to return in order to compensate for the loss of labor in Mexico. [This is why guards were allowed to drive deep into Mexico to drop them off as sated below] Do not believe any person or organization that claims that illegals do the work Americans won't (like the treasonous Bush family). In 2012, ICE raided the Waste Management Company in the Houston area. I live in this area. My trash pick up service did not loose one single day. However, I did notice that suddenly there were no longer any Hispanics or Latinos on the trash trucks. The jobs were immediately filled by those of African descent. So there are Americans waiting for these jobs (93 million of them). Americans that otherwise would not be hired because they do not speak Spanish. It's true. The "people" from South/Central America are racists that bully, tease and refuse to accept co-workers that do not speak Spanish. I'm in construction and have seen it 1st hand. So when people like Jorge Ramos say that deportation would hurt the economy, I call B.S.! When Jorge Ramos says, "You can't deport millions", I say, President IKE did! Stand up Citizens of the United States! Stop being politically correct! Do not believe the hype! We do not need nor want this unlawful invasion! I pray that I am not wrong, but right now after listening to Trump's speech in Phoenix Arizona, and watching his guest speaker Jameal (sp?) Shaw, whose 17 year old son was shot dead in the street by an illegal from South/Central America (NOT Canada), I believe that Donald Trump is our only true hope!
    I like what Ann Coulter had to say, "I am a single issue voter". I may not agree 100% with every view that Trump has, but that rings true for every candidate to ever run for anything. Other issues will be of no consequence if this country falls to our biggest threat.....the invasion! My slogan: "Stop the invasion with mass deportation" Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

*I was leaning towards "reverse chain migration"' but I like "Operation Reciprocated love" too.

-This city was built on rock 'n roll, not tejano!

Bravo and excellent post Jean and Goldendaze. I don't know why but it seems Mr. Trump has missed great opportunities to destroy the open borders hacks with facts like those in this post. I am really poor with the computer and social media stuff but I urge the young kids who are tech knowledgeable to spread this information far and wide and somebody make sure Trump knows this stuff. I don't see how any open borders/amnesty hack could give an convincing rebuttal to stuff like this.

I think he's not saying exactly how he plans to do it, for the same reason we usually don't tell military or other security measures or tactics.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by csarbww View Post
    Bravo and excellent post Jean and Goldendaze. I don't know why but it seems Mr. Trump has missed great opportunities to destroy the open borders hacks with facts like those in this post. I am really poor with the computer and social media stuff but I urge the young kids who are tech knowledgeable to spread this information far and wide and somebody make sure Trump knows this stuff. I don't see how any open borders/amnesty hack could give an convincing rebuttal to stuff like this.
    Thank you for the "Bravo!"