Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Over 100 Missouri poultry plant workers arrested as illegal

Over 100 Missouri poultry plant workers arrested as illegal aliens

Associated Press - May 22, 2007 4:44 PM ET

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) - Federal immigration agents arrested more than 100 workers as suspected illegal immigrants in a raid on a southwest Missouri poultry plant Tuesday.

US Immigration and Customs Enforcement said it served a federal criminal search warrant at the George's processing plant in Butterfield in Barry County, about 60 miles southwest of Springfield.

Pete Baird of the US immigration office for Missouri and Kansas said the number of people detained made it a large operation for the region.

Most of those arrested were from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

Those arrested will be taken to detention facilities in Wichita, Kansas; Kansas City and St. Louis.

http://www.kbsd6.com/Global/story.asp?S=6553499
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

good
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

vic

If they would just come a few more miles south to Tyson foods they could add considerably to that figure.
    Government is not reason;it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master! George Washington

and will they be prosecuted or deported?
    what about the employer?

just what we need more sob stories in the news while the bill is being debated
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Keep the raids coming :P Make the employers pay dearly

"Chicken pluckers" per Teddy Kennedy today on Cspan.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Vic, I agree I've been saying for months why have they not targeted Tyson Foods, Cargill, Pilgrims Pride, Excel. They are some of the largest companies who I know for sure are employing illegals. They would hit a deportation jackpot!
    But like I've said before it seems that they target 20, 30, 50, 100, to try to make it look like they are making progress.Dont get me wrong glad they are doing a little but at that rate for every 100 they deport another 500or more come over the border every night!
    My question is why the small fry go after the many hundreds that are working in these companies and fine the employers for not verifying documentation!

Quote Originally Posted by blkkat99
    Hi Vic, I agree I've been saying for months why have they not targeted Tyson Foods, Cargill, Pilgrims Pride, Excel. They are some of the largest companies who I know for sure are employing illegals. They would hit a deportation jackpot!
    But like I've said before it seems that they target 20, 30, 50, 100, to try to make it look like they are making progress.Dont get me wrong glad they are doing a little but at that rate for every 100 they deport another 500or more come over the border every night!
    My question is why the small fry go after the many hundreds that are working in these companies and fine the employers for not verifying documentation!
    Employers are not required to "verify" SSNs. The states they must accept the identification papers given to them, unless they are clearly fraudulent.Consequently, employers can state, "I didn't know thwy were illegal" and escape any penalty.

The employers don't want to know. They want cheap dependable workers. American aren't considered cheap or dependable. We take sick days oe switch to an easier job for more money.

UNFORTUNATELY its already been reported that those who claim to be single parents of minors have been allowed to return

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast