Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pelosi: Immigration reform more important than winning House

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pelosi: Immigration reform more important than winning House

March 27, 2014, 03:44 pm
    Pelosi: Immigration reform more important than winning House

By Mike Lillis
    03/27/2014

Passing comprehensive immigration reform is more important than Democrats' success at the polls in November, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday.

A number of Republicans and other conservative voices have accused Pelosi and the Democrats of using the immigration reform issue as a political crutch, suggesting the Democrats would rather keep the issue alive for campaign purposes than actually pass a bill.
    But Pelosi on Thursday rejected that notion outright, and she didn't mince words.

"I believe, and I say this with all the sincerity I have, that it is more important to pass comprehensive immigration reform — to me and to my caucus — than to win the election in November," Pelosi said at a Washington gathering of the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.The comments arrive as Democrats in Congress and the White House are trying to energize Hispanic voters ahead of this year's midterm elections. Latinos strongly favored Obama in both 2008 and 2012, and the Democrats are hoping the current debate over immigration reform will spur them to the polls again in November.

On Wednesday, Pelosi and other House Democratic leaders introduced a discharge petition aimed at forcing House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to bring an immigration bill to the floor this year.

"Some say, 'You don't have the votes,' " Pelosi said. "Well, let's find out."

Headlining the Hispanic Chamber event, Vice President Biden said passing immigration reform would be "the single most important thing we can do for our economy and for America's future."

"It's a game changer financially for the country," Biden said.

Although the Senate passed such a measure last year, Boehner and other GOP leaders have refused to act on it amid intense disagreements over the issue within their conservative conference. In January, Boehner introduced a list of reform "principles" designed to guide the debate, but he shelved them less than a week later in response to the outcry from his own troops.

The GOP's resistance is creating an urgency in Pelosi and other Democratic leaders, who fear losing all the momentum of the Senate's bipartisan action if the House doesn't move on the issue this year.

"If we don't get it done soon, if we don't get a vote in the House of Representatives, we have to start from scratch," Rep. Xavier Becerra (Calif.), head of the House Democratic Caucus, told the Hispanic Chamber. "I'm not saying vote 'yes.' I'm simply saying … give us a vote."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/201975-pelosi-immigration-reform-more-important-than-winning-back-house

If Pelosi and Obama get this bill passed Democrats will control the House, the Senate and the Presidency for the next 100 years with their new voting bloc of illegal aliens wanting benefits.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When Pelosi and her liberal friends want something it's best to assume it won't be good for the American taxpayer.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Headlining the Hispanic Chamber event, Vice President Biden said passing immigration reform would be "the single most important thing we can do for our economy and for America's future."
    Immigration reform means amnesty. No amnesty has ever resulted in helping our economy or our future, instead it made things worse and brought in millions more waiting for the next amnesty. The invasion has changed the face of America into a lawless, Latino catering Country where we have to press one to hear our own language in important phone calls and have to speak a foreign language in order to get a job in many places across the USA. These people send billions of dollars back to their own Country. These people get on welfare through deceit and receive food stamps, free medical, cheap housing...I've seen enough of this with my own eyes over and over again. This is not what the American people want!

Its not just Pelosi. Its not just Democrats.

REPUBLICANS WANT AMNESTY ..

US Chamber of Commerce Pres: Pass Amnesty Now Before It Gets Tougher

Amnesty proponents "include lawmakers from both sides of the aisle, as well as labor, business, law enforcement, ethnic organizations, religious groups, and the high-tech industry" without mentioning that many of these groups are front-groups supported by left-wing donors like George Soros.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    Passing comprehensive immigration reform is more important than Democrats' success at the polls in November, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday.

Pelosi has been organizing her life around getting re-elected for so many years that I doubt that she can even remember when she last acted on principle.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade