Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pence: Trump Has Backed Off Muslim Immigration Ban

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW, you are wrong.

Donald Trump is expanding his Muslim ban, not rolling it back
    By Jenna Johnson July 24

Donald Trump made clear this weekend that he has not rolled back his proposal to ban Muslims from entering the United States, despite top allies insisting that he had.

In accepting the Republican nomination on Thursday night, Trump said the country "must immediately suspend immigration from any nation that has been compromised by terrorism until such time it's proven that vetting mechanisms have been put in place." Trump made no mention of Muslims in the speech, leading many to conclude that Trump had formally changed his position — just as a number of his top allies, including his running mate, said he had.

During an interview this weekend with NBC's "Meet the Press," host Chuck Todd asked Trump whether his comment should be interpreted as a "slight rollback."

"I don't think so. I actually don't think it's a rollback. In fact, you could say it's an expansion," Trump said. "I'm looking now at territory. People were so upset when I used the word 'Muslim': 'Oh, you can't use the word "Muslim."' Remember this. And I'm okay with that, because I'm talking territory instead of Muslim."

Trump first proposed banning nearly all Muslims overseas from the country in early December, soon after a terrorist attack in San Bernardino, Calif. Trump's original statement — which calls for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" — is still on his campaign website. This position continues to be one of Trump's most controversial and a key reason that some fellow Republicans do not want to help him with his campaign.

After he became the presumptive nominee, Trump made comments that seemed to indicate that he was willing to soften his position. In May, Trump said that the Muslim ban is "just a suggestion" and that he's open to other ideas. In June, after the attack at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Trump called for a temporary ban on "certain people coming from certain horrible — where you have tremendous terrorism in the world, you know what those places are." At the time, it appeared that Trump was expanding his ban to include more people, not limiting its scope, but his staff would not confirm where their boss stood.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lling-it-back/
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    If you had followed Trump as closely as I have over the last 12 months, you would know what he said. Furthermore, if you had followed me on ALIPAC over the last 10 years you'd know your comment about me voting for Hillary is absolutely ludicrous.
    But you can't seem to recall what he said. You can't seem to drag up a direct quote. Furthermore the only quote you do drag out doesn't say anything at all about restricting Muslim immigration.

Why do you constantly second guess Trump's claims and positions in his campaign? Do you think he has the luxury of looking like he doesn't mean what he says? What's the point? Who is running for president, him or you?
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12