Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police say burglar's crimes were getting more dangerous

http://www.tampabaylive.com/stories/200 ... lary.shtml

Police say burglar's crimes were getting more dangerous
    an ABC Action News report 08/09/06

CLEARWATER - Now living on the second floor, Erica Szilassy will likely never live downstairs again.

Two times within one week - she woke up to find Saul Volteada breaking in to her apartment in the middle of the night.

She believes he came back the second time with one thing on his mind.

"I woke up to what sounded like a rustling noise - it was him taking his pants off at the foot of my bed," says Szilassy.

At 5'3" - the 21 year old suspect ran out of Erica's apartment that night.

Police believe Volteada has taken it much further in recent months.

Authorities say they've tied the suspect to several crimes since January - - including an assault on one woman in a public parking lot.

In some of the 6 burglaries Volteada is thought to be behind, detectives believe he fully intended to commit a sexual assault.

Wayne Sheler of the Clearwater P.D. says, "He touched people. This goes down as a burglary with sexual overtones and we know because of fear on his part and because the people woke up - he left before he committed the crime."

Now facing more than a dozen charges, including attempted sexual battery, Volteada, police say, has confessed to some of the break ins.

They tell us fingerprints and DNA link him to all of the crime scenes.

Sheler adds, "Sometimes they do it if they have an addiction to drugs and they need to steal stuff to pawn it for money. We don't have that indication with this, we believe he was a sexual predator."

As if the charges against Saul Volteada weren't serious enough, authorities tell us they've determined he's also an illegal immigrant.

Tonight he's being held at the Pinellas County jail on $211,000 bond.

Now you can get Action News stories, weather and radar images, sports scores, and even movie listings on your cell phone or PDA. Introducing Action News To Go: click here to sign up for free.

The E.W. Scripps Co. © Read user agreement
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi jimpasz,

Yeah, I read where illegals are getting into home invasions more.

Nice T-Shirt by the way,

I'm admiring the T-shirt.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Of course, if these scumbag illegals can invade a country and get away with it, invading a person's home means nothing to them.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€