Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police union letter to Chief Bratton

Police union letter to Chief Bratton

Below please find a letter to Chief Bratton regarding recent statements about officers:

May 10, 2007

William J. Bratton, Chief of Police
    Los Angeles Police Department
    Room 615, Parker Center
    150 North Los Angeles Street
    Los Angeles, California 90012

Dear Chief Bratton:

As we move to put the events of May 1st behind us, we had not thought we would have to remind you, of all people, of the importance of protecting the men and women you lead from the kind of broad-brush rush to judgment that can be so devastating to officer morale.

This was why we were upset to read this quote from you in the Los Angeles Times: "One thing I know about them [police] is you have to control them, because they go out of control faster than any human being in the world." What was stunning about this comment, Chief, was that it would seem to indict every man and woman now serving, or who has ever served, or will serve, in law enforcement. We interpret this comment (as do many others) as a suggestion that you believe that every police officer has self-control issues.

We truly hope that this is not how you think of the officers you command. The 9,500 officers of the LAPD are the heart and soul of the best trained and best qualified Department in the country. Either you misspoke or you were misquoted. However, we believe that you owe an apology to the men and women of our Department.

Impeaching the emotional maturity of the men and women who serve Los Angeles under your command only weakens the mutual trust that is necessary to keep this Department working smoothly and protecting the City.

Very truly yours,

BOARD OF DIRECTORS
    Los Angeles Police Protective League

(Original Signed By)
    ROBERT BAKER
    President
    RB:lab

Letter posted Friday on Web site of Los Angeles Police Protective League

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... ome-center
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bratton shot himself in the foot here.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Good for them for standing up to this man who was supposed to be on their side.

I sent them an email congratulating them for standing up for the officers. Its a shame the hispanic mayor isn't recalled!

Bratton was put in an impossible situation dealing with the MayDay melee. I have the feeling that he was aching to stand by his officers through thick and thin, but knew this would kill his chances of garnering a 2nd 5-year term.

Even so, some top pro-immigrant leaders are already calling for his resignation, even though there were no serious injuries. Talk about an ungrateful bunch.

Since Bratton stands to lose his job anyway, he should have defended the actions of the Metro Division from the very start. That's the American way.

Bratton said some of the videos he saw were troubling. He should take another look, and another one after that. The videos are nothing more than demonstrators displaying good acting, and feigning abuse from the police. They knew that someone nearby was filming the footage, and they wanted to make it look as convincing as possible. These rituals are typical in gang warfare.

If the police used any force at all, it was after particular demonstrators didn't respond to previous instructions to leave the park.

Bratton should have considered all of these concepts, and then vigorously defended his officers.

Sure the illegal supporters are calling for his resignation. I believe anybody could have seen that coming.

He'll probably lose his job over this but he should have stood behind his men and gone out a hero.

For him to apologize and say he was embarrassed because these officers did their job is where I really fall out with this guy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree if you are going down anyway you should do the right thing. Actually I think you should do the right thing all of the time regardless of the consequences but that is not how it works in public offices as we have seen time and time again. Honest, hardworking, law-abiding and moral people do not have a chance in public office.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Police Chief Bratton did the same as President Bush did with his illegal pandering and support for reform....

He tried to ride the middle and appease everyone.
    I guess hoping to ride the fence.
    The result is the same.
    In the end he lost to good will of both sides.
    The Illegals and their supports have turned on him and the Police dept and the American people have turned on him too.

This issue is white hot.
    Fence sitters will be knocked off quickly.
    People are going to have to choose a side!

Better to choose your own people and show loyaly.
    Take a stand, if you pander and give up your men
    no one will respect you.

This same thing is happening as we speak with border patrol and it is not right their commanding officers makeing haste choices to pander to the Hispanic population and city officials instead of standing by their men.

Bratton should have looked and all evidence first before opening his big mouth then he would have come to a logical conclusion and said, some of These people whether part of the rallie or not were throwing rocks and bottles at the men and woman protecting the citizens, everyone should have exited the park when told, they should have taken their children and got out of the park.
    Because they were not doing as they were told we could not tell them apart from the trouble makers, there for they including the news media must suffer the same fate for not separating them selfs from the trouble makers.
    Our police officers could not let this turn into a full fledge riot, just imagine what the conseqences of that would have been to everyone!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

sosadforus wrote:
    Our police officers could not let this turn into a full fledge riot, just imagine what the conseqences of that would have been to everyone!
    The officers were screwed either way they turned. The racist illegal alien activist's saw to that.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast