Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: President Trump Pushes for More Foreign Guest Workers, H2-Bs, Migrant Farm Workers at

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by artist View Post
    If all illegals were deported as promised, then I could see importing temporary guest workers. BUT THE DEPORTATION OF ILLEGAL ALIENS DID NOT HAPPEN AND TRUMP IS ADDING QUEST WORKERS ON TOP OF THE 12 MILLION ALIENS. He is officially a swamp creature!
    No he isn't. We already have temporary guest worker programs, the H2A for agricultural workers, H2B for seasonal workers and the H1B programs for special skills workers. He's not adding anything. There is no "more". And he emphasizes in his speech they come, they work, they leave.

And there aren't 12 million illegal aliens, there are over 30 million illegal aliens in the US. There were more than 20 million 13 years ago and they've been pouring in every year since.

Trump can't deport them through ERO in DHS until Jeff Sessions in DOJ issues a deportation order and he's 650,000 behind already with no plan at all to cure that problem. So Congress needs to repeal the law that moved the deportation order process from DHS to DOJ and move it back to DHS where it used to be.

For now, Trump will deport them as soon as there are deportation orders on them.

Sessions should have already told Congress, DOJ is not the right department to handle this simple process and it needs to be moved back to DHS.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-29-2018 at 09:39 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I went back and listened to his speech again because when I listened to it last night I didn't hear the "more". I still don't hear the "more". I don't think he ever said "more". There's no "more" in the Breitbart quotes of Trump either. So don't know why Breitbart chose to put the word "more" in their headline. I guess to get clicks. Shame.
    Trump is already allowing more in then was allowed when he was elected.

Trump’s promotion of more imported foreign workers to the U.S. using the H-2B visa comes as the Republican-controlled Congress has allowed the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to import potentially 130,000 foreign workers for the big business lobby. Trump, in signing the spending measure, gives DHS the authority to import more foreign workers, should DHS Secretary Nielsen choose to do so.

Nielsen, who worked for former President George W. Bush, has already suggested that she will allow big business to import more foreign workers, as Breitbart News reported.

DHS Approves 15,000 More H-2B Visas For Temporary And Seasonal Immigrant Workers In 2017

ALLAHPUNDITPosted at 8:01 pm on July 17, 2017

When the White House proclaimed this “Made in America” week, apparently what they meant was “made in America by foreigners.”

If you missed it on Saturday, enjoy Jazz’s post on the shortage of H-2B visas that forced one Maine resort town to — gasp — hire American workers to get through the summer. Good news, I guess: There’s no longer a shortage.

The Department of Homeland Security on Monday announced a one-time increase of 15,000 additional visas for low-wage, seasonal workers for the remainder of this fiscal year, a seeming about-face from President Trump’s “Hire American” rhetoric, following heavy lobbying from the fisheries, hospitality and other industries that rely on temporary foreign workers.

The increase represents a 45 percent bump from the number of H-2B visas normally issued for the second half of the fiscal year, said senior Homeland Security officials in a call with reporters Monday…
    Asked how allowing more foreign workers aligns with Trump’s America First policies — especially as the White House kicks off what it has promoted as “Made in America” week — one of the Homeland Security officials said the increase “absolutely does” fit in with Trump’s campaign promises.

“We’re talking about American businesses that are at risk of suffering irreparable harm if they don’t get additional H-2B workers,” he said. “This does help with American businesses continuing to prosper.”

Mark Krikorian defines “irreparable harm”:

Twitter Ads info and privacy

How did we end up with this fiasco, in which the “America First” president ends up boosting the importation of immigrants to do seasonal work? It all started with that garbage spending bill that Trump signed back in May. You remember it — it was a Democratic wish list, essentially, with no wall money, no cuts to sanctuary cities, and plenty of funding for Planned Parenthood. Also buried in there amid the avalanche of other federal spending was a provision granting DHS discretionary authority to double the number of H-2B visas granted this year, from 66,000 to 135,000. “It is a sellout [of] the American worker,” said the executive director of FAIR at the time. Still, the grant was merely discretionary. John Kelly didn’t need to increase the number of visas.
    So why’d he end up doing it? That’s where Thom Tillis, a Republican, enters the picture:

Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina has put a “hold” on Lee Francis Cissna, the nominee for director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, to try to pressure Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly to bend to the senator’s will and quickly approve thousands of H-2B visas.

Mr. Tillis is one of a number of senators who say their states’ summertime resort, seafood and landscaping industries are struggling to find American workers and need the foreign labor to survive.

That’s from a Wash Times story dated a week ago. Kelly duly caved, approved 15,000 new visas, and no doubt Cissna is now headed for an easy confirmation. Which raises a question: Why didn’t Trump pick a public fight with Tillis over the H-2B issue? Is he afraid of alienating the local Chamber of Commerce in North Carolina, a state he won by a whisker last year? Is he afraid of alienating Tillis before the big health-care vote, never mind that Tillis would have to explain to Republicans back home why he refused to vote for a bill that would have replaced ObamaCare out of pique over the H-2B issue? Or does Trump simply … not have a big problem with H-2B visas? He was asked about this during the primaries, you may recall. Remember how he answered?

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/...-workers-2017/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Trump says U.S. to 'let your guest workers come in' in appeal to farmers

"For the farmers, OK, it's going to get good.
    We're going to let your guest workers come in," Trump said.

y Jonathan Allen / Apr.28.2018 / 9:41 PM ET
    U.S. President Donald Trump arrives to speak at a Make America Great Again Rally in Washington, Michigan April 28, 2018.

JOSHUA ROBERTS / Reuters

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. — President Donald Trump said Saturday that he would let more guest workers into the U.S. to help farmers whom he said may suffer "a little pain for a little while" because of his own efforts to renegotiate trade deals with several foreign partners.

"For the farmers, OK, it's going to get good," he said at a political rally here, about a 45-minute drive north of Detroit. "We're going to let your guest workers come in."

That could come as a shock to the portion of Trump's base that is most ardently critical of the current U.S. immigration system.

For months, the president and his top White House advisers have been promoting a rewrite of the nation's immigration laws that would make it harder — not easier — for low-skilled workers to come into the country.

Related
    American farmers in Trump-voting states may get hit hardest by a trade war

But Trump essentially contended that bringing in cheap labor under the H2B visa system — which allows only for temporary entry into the country — won't hurt U.S. workers because there aren't enough available hands for farmers now.

"The unemployment picture is so good, it's so strong, that we have to let people come in," he said. "They're going to be guest workers. They're going to come in, they're going to work on your farms ... but then they have to go out."

The plan didn't appear to be a hit with his audience.

While they cheered his tough talk on border security — and chanted "build the wall" in reference to the border barrier he wants to erect between the U.S. and Mexico — he got lackluster applause when he asked what the crowd thought of the temporary-worker proposal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...appeal-n869841
    Trump did not say "more". Not once.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post

Trump is already allowing more in then was allowed when he was elected.

DHS Approves 15,000 More H-2B Visas For Temporary And Seasonal Immigrant Workers In 2017

ALLAHPUNDITPosted at 8:01 pm on July 17, 2017

When the White House proclaimed this “Made in America” week, apparently what they meant was “made in America by foreigners.”

If you missed it on Saturday, enjoy Jazz’s post on the shortage of H-2B visas that forced one Maine resort town to — gasp — hire American workers to get through the summer. Good news, I guess: There’s no longer a shortage.

The Department of Homeland Security on Monday announced a one-time increase of 15,000 additional visas for low-wage, seasonal workers for the remainder of this fiscal year, a seeming about-face from President Trump’s “Hire American” rhetoric, following heavy lobbying from the fisheries, hospitality and other industries that rely on temporary foreign workers.

The increase represents a 45 percent bump from the number of H-2B visas normally issued for the second half of the fiscal year, said senior Homeland Security officials in a call with reporters Monday…
    Asked how allowing more foreign workers aligns with Trump’s America First policies — especially as the White House kicks off what it has promoted as “Made in America” week — one of the Homeland Security officials said the increase “absolutely does” fit in with Trump’s campaign promises.

“We’re talking about American businesses that are at risk of suffering irreparable harm if they don’t get additional H-2B workers,” he said. “This does help with American businesses continuing to prosper.”

Mark Krikorian defines “irreparable harm”:

Twitter Ads info and privacy

How did we end up with this fiasco, in which the “America First” president ends up boosting the importation of immigrants to do seasonal work? It all started with that garbage spending bill that Trump signed back in May. You remember it — it was a Democratic wish list, essentially, with no wall money, no cuts to sanctuary cities, and plenty of funding for Planned Parenthood. Also buried in there amid the avalanche of other federal spending was a provision granting DHS discretionary authority to double the number of H-2B visas granted this year, from 66,000 to 135,000. “It is a sellout [of] the American worker,” said the executive director of FAIR at the time. Still, the grant was merely discretionary. John Kelly didn’t need to increase the number of visas.
    So why’d he end up doing it? That’s where Thom Tillis, a Republican, enters the picture:

Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina has put a “hold” on Lee Francis Cissna, the nominee for director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, to try to pressure Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly to bend to the senator’s will and quickly approve thousands of H-2B visas.

Mr. Tillis is one of a number of senators who say their states’ summertime resort, seafood and landscaping industries are struggling to find American workers and need the foreign labor to survive.

That’s from a Wash Times story dated a week ago. Kelly duly caved, approved 15,000 new visas, and no doubt Cissna is now headed for an easy confirmation. Which raises a question: Why didn’t Trump pick a public fight with Tillis over the H-2B issue? Is he afraid of alienating the local Chamber of Commerce in North Carolina, a state he won by a whisker last year? Is he afraid of alienating Tillis before the big health-care vote, never mind that Tillis would have to explain to Republicans back home why he refused to vote for a bill that would have replaced ObamaCare out of pique over the H-2B issue? Or does Trump simply … not have a big problem with H-2B visas? He was asked about this during the primaries, you may recall. Remember how he answered?

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/...-workers-2017/

That was a 1 time deal last year pushed by Congress and businesses. That's old news, and has nothing to do with what Trump said during his speech at the Michigan Rally. Trump didn't say anything about "more". Breitbart's headline was wrong and deliberately so. They did that to get clicks. I warned you all about Breitbart last year, they've changed, that was obvious during their terrible reporting on the US Senate race in Alabama.

MW
    That was a 1 time deal last year pushed by Congress and businesses. That's old news, and has nothing to do with what Trump said during his speech at the Michigan Rally. Trump didn't say anything about "more". Breitbart's headline was wrong and deliberately so. They did that to get clicks. I warned you all about Breitbart last year, they've changed, that was obvious during their terrible reporting on the US Senate race in Alabama.
    You're wrong, it is not old news because it shows that Trump has absolutely no problems increasing the number of visa workers .... he has already done it and I have very little doubt that he will do it in the future as the Chamber of Commerce, corporations and businesses turn the screws and whine about the need for more labor. Of course they won't use the term "cheap labor" but those of us in the know are fully aware of what's happening.

Personally, I'm thankful for Breitbart News and thank them for going to great lengths to keep us informed of what is happening with immigration, illegal immigration and border security.

Attempting to discredit Breitbart is not going to work because they are one of the few media sources 100% on our side on the immigration issue!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I didn't "discredit" Breitbart, they did that all on their own by printing a deliberately false headline in their article to get clicks, just like they did to themselves with their false reporting in the US Senate race in Alabama last year that ended up costing Republicans a crucial Senate seat. You're not our side of the "immigration issue" when you're electing Democrats.

MW
    I didn't "discredit" Breitbart, they did that all on their own by printing a deliberately false headline in their article to get clicks, just like they did to themselves with their false reporting in the US Senate race in Alabama last year that ended up costing Republicans a crucial Senate seat. You're not our side of the "immigration issue" when you're electing Democrats.
    I don't know if you're actually fooling anyone, but I can honestly say I'm not fooled. I know your disgusted with Breitbart because they're not quite up there with you as a Trump cheerleader. They tell it like it is and of course that doesn't always fit your agenda .. I understand this.

As for you getting hooked on this word "more" ...... well, you can certainly imply something without using a specific word or term. While I can't speak for everyone, I'd say Trump implied that he was open to bringing in more foreign labor.

I think everyone who gives a damn about the truth in reporting is watching the videos of the speech and re-reading the Breitbart article looking for the word "more". They won't find it, because it's not there. The headline is a lie to get clicks. But it doesn't surprise me that you support that kind of dishonesty.

Yes, thank you. I'm a Trump Supporter and I'm glad you "understand this." Can't wait to find out what new hat rack you're going to hang your cap on, so I can have a HUUUGE laugh.

MW
    I think everyone who gives a damn about the truth in reporting is watching the videos of the speech and re-reading the Breitbart article looking for the word "more". They won't find it, because it's not there. The headline is a lie to get clicks. But it doesn't surprise me that you support that kind of dishonesty.

Yes, thank you. I'm a Trump Supporter and I'm glad you "understand this." Can't wait to find out what new hat rack you're going to hang your cap on, so I can have a HUUUGE laugh.
    Whatever it is, you can bet it won't be me going into a 'frenzy fit' over a single word. Furthermore, nobody is looking for the word because most people are smart enough to read between the lines.

I'm talking about who you are going to support for President in 2020, not your next phony attack on Trump. That's the laugh at you I'm waiting to have.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast