Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Protesters say it's not U.S.'s job to provide for illegal im

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3812765.html

April 23, 2006, 11:20AM

Protesters say it's not U.S.'s job to provide for illegal immigrants
    3 groups' rally attracts about 100 who want Bush to close the border

By TODD ACKERMAN
    Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

About 100 people rallied against illegal immigration Saturday, waving U.S. flags and holding signs such as "Remember the Alamo" and "Texas Isn't A Mexican Colony."

The protest outside the Mexican Consulate south of downtown came in response to massive demonstrations in Houston and nationally earlier this month in support of amnesty for illegal immigrants.

"It is a sad day in this nation when people here illegally can storm the streets of our cities and demand U.S. taxpayers continue to provide them welfare, social service programs, free health care and the education of their children," proclaimed Curtis Collier, president of U.S. Border Watch. "If elected officials cannot fulfill their oath of office to defend this country and the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic, I demand they resign."

The rally, staged to fall between San Jacinto Day Friday and the U.S. Senate's expected resumption on Monday of deliberations on immigration reform, brought no counter-protest. Some passing motorists honked their horns in seeming approval.

Immigration legislation in the Senate and the House of Representative has inflamed passions around the nation. The House bill calls for a crackdown on illegal immigration that focuses on tightening border security, while the current proposal in the Senate combines more enforcement with temporary worker visas and an "earned" path to legalization for illegal immigrants.

With Toby Keith and George Strait blaring from the sound system, speakers at the rally blamed Mexico for fueling the illegal immigration. One speaker referred to its "industry aiding people across our border."

"You know you have a problem when white-haired women show up for rallies," said Louise Whiteford, eliciting cheers and laughter. "We need to boycott the businesses that support illegal immigration."

The speakers called for Bush to issue an executive order to close the Texas-Mexico border and complained that more than 50 percent of U.S. immigrants are from Mexico, even though it is not as poor as many other underdeveloped countries and represents only 7 percent of the world's population.

The rally was organized by leaders of Texans for Immigration Reform, U.S. Border Watch and Texas Minutemen. They said they are planning a larger rally at President Bush's Crawford Ranch on May 6.

Bush has not directly addressed the Senate bill's plan to create a legalization program for most of the nation's estimated 12 million illegal immigrants.

"We feel like we're being ignored," said Leslie Wetzel of U.S. Border Watch. "Instead of immigrants coming over to become Americans and assimilate, what's being encouraged is a silent takeover of our country by Mexico."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Uhhhh....insurrection in our streets...blatant seditionism....that's QUIET??

I certainly don't like all I've been reading ...quotes from Mexicans and Mexican leadership calling for the murder of Americans in their own towns cities and states. If we're a bit uneasy here it's little wonder.

Where is our glorius leader? Why has he said nothing? Where are the OTHER glorius leaders? Why have THEY said nothing??

MJ

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MustangJo
    Uhhhh....insurrection in our streets...blatant seditionism....that's QUIET??

I certainly don't like all I've been reading ...quotes from Mexicans and Mexican leadership calling for the murder of Americans in their own towns cities and states. If we're a bit uneasy here it's little wonder.

Where is our glorius leader? Why has he said nothing? Where are the OTHER glorius leaders? Why have THEY said nothing??

MJ
    it's so much easier to call American citizens VIGILANTES than it is to call illegal aliens ILLEGAL INVADERS
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Yes, of course, you wouldn't want to hurt their little terrorist feelings..they've done SO MUCH for this country...heck..they were the ones that BUILT it, you know.

They might just quit and go home if we get nasty.

MJ

I watched Bush's speech at california today what a letdown but what can we expect? Our leaders have turned their backsides to us and are daring us to kick them. 4 times Bush mentioned we needed the illegals (only he called them immigrants not once did he refer to them as illegals)to do the jobs that Americans won't do! I am so dam sick and tired of that phrase I would gladly kick all our politicians butts.Is there any way of firing the whole dang lot of them? They work for us right? If an employee is not following orders what do you do? You fire them.Bush is determined to get amnesty for all the illegals here and their families also. The only thing he said about gasoline was a cute little joke he made about how glad he was for his job only a 45 second commute, can you believe that?I have had it, I am fed up, I have defended him for 5 yrs now, he just lost my partnership and loyalty. that goes for the other republicans up there just like him wanting to kiss the butt of Vincente fox and the illegal invaders of our land. I want to know what it is going to take in the next 5 short months to convince these jokers we mean business and will do our best to vote them out of office?I will say however though, I think any illegals serving in our armed services in Iraq and Afghanistan should be made legal .citizens.I prefer that our armed services be 100 percent Americans from now on, little did I know we let illegal citizens join our armed services.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

the difference between an American worker not doing their job and the President and Congress not doing theirs is, when they don't it's an act of TREASON ...

I'm like you, I have defended Bush too, but not any more. As far as I'm concerned he can be impeached or whatever, because 'frankly my dear, I don't give a damn' -- and I will proudly cast my vote for impeachment
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"